Radical Rebound 5 is OUT!!!
< Last Thread     Next Thread >
Author
Thread        Post A Reply

07-12-2004 22:56

Posted by:
matteo

Click Here to Email matteo   Find more posts by matteo

Hmmm... I hate to say this but... I have a new version of Radical Rebound for you!! (5.0)

You might ask, why yet another version? Well, here's the explainaition...

I usually keep the monitor brightness at the minimum level, since I'm paranoid about this saving my eyes. But two months ago a friend came here and asked why the screen was so dark: So to make him happy I put the highest brightness and we played RR: Finally I could see how ugly it really was! It's crazy how many things I ddn't get to notice: horrible writings, and horrible compression, horrible transparencies...

So I decided to get most of the graphics remade... but then I took the chance to change the game and put in 5 different kinds of enemies to make the game more intersting.

So here we go: for old fans and new tryers, in all it's glory, radical rebound 5.0...

http://www.radicalrebound.com/RadicalRebound.sit

07-14-2004 01:00

Posted by:
eekaydee

Click Here to Email eekaydee   Find more posts by eekaydee

Wow nice improvement. It looks a lot better. Nice explosion.

You could fix up the settings screens though. The text leaves speckles of white when it is highlighted in red.

Hey, are those shots following me?

07-14-2004 01:02

Posted by:
eekaydee

Oh, I'm wondering...how much have you made off of RR so far?

07-14-2004 12:25

Posted by:
matteo

I sold about 25, for net profits of 220$. Now I hope that with improved graphics I will sell more.

But I kind of think that I get little customers because only 10% manages to end the demo :-P

My game is an elite game, for professional hard core gamers... don't want registrations from the wimps...

Yep those shots are following you... but did you manage to pass the first level?

07-14-2004 13:47

Posted by:
eekaydee

Haha. You have a good point. The game is very difficult, even on easy mode, and I myself only managed to get past level 1.

But when I saw your challenge, I decided to try harder, and I got up to level 3. I noticed something when I play. Is it just me, or do you also stare only at your ship, focused completely on not getting hit, and not worrying about hitting the enemies at all because there are so many that you hit them accidentally?

When I was playing, I thought the yellow guys were cool, but that the green ones were just annoying. I tried to outrun them, but they are just as fast as the ship, and when I turned the ship around I got hit in the side. Maybe you could slow the homing shots down a tad... ;)

Which made me wish I had boost fuel or something. Maybe an idea you'd like to try?

Why is it so hard on easy!?

07-15-2004 14:55

Posted by:
matteo

Bah, I don't know... some people find it hard, some don't... You should just develop a good strategy and then it gets easy (at least the first levels)

Personally I find the first levels incredibly easy now. Maybe one must just get used to it, I don't know, in the end it's just a matter of rebounding back shots to those that shooted them... takes a bit of practice.

Does anybody else find it too hard?

07-15-2004 18:40

Posted by:
-wyvern

Find more posts by -wyvern

It's a lot harder than the previous version, certainly. A boost function would be nice, but it would also bring down the game's elegant simplicity. I'll leave that up to you.