Project Status
< Last Thread     Next Thread >
Author
Thread        Post A Reply

06-02-2004 00:05

Posted by:
-wyvern

Find more posts by -wyvern

This is a "just out of interest" kind of thing, but where is everyone game-creation wise (and next-version TNT creation wise, for that matter)?

06-02-2004 01:21

Posted by:
eekaydee

Click Here to Email eekaydee   Find more posts by eekaydee

Last month, I put my rpg aside to work on a game for the vectorized contest on iDevGames. I missed the contest deadline, but I'm still working on it. If anyone wants to take a look, here it is:
http://webpages.charter.net/edoi/gravityapp.sitx
It's nowhere near completion though.

Press any key to get out of the title screen. Spacebar is the selection key/enter key/action key. Left and right turn the ship. In move mode, up moves the ship forward and spacebar ends the move. The movement will be limited in the final version. In firing mode, spacebar fires the shot. The delete key can be used at any time to detonate the shot, but a ship will take more damage if the shot hits it and then explodes. The twist to the game is the black hole. It exerts a gravitational pull on the shots; the force is inversely proportional to the square of the distance between the shot and the hole's center. Oh, and press Q to quit.

06-02-2004 16:50

Posted by:
charlie

Click Here to Email charlie   Find more posts by charlie

i currently am working on three games

one is a defender style shooter, with fast (slightly rough looking) scrolling sprite backgrounds. most of the graphics come from my other game below and are only there until i make some more, there is also nothing to defend yet, and the enemies are scattered randomly (to check if my radar worked) round the level. fast and fun though.

another game is a robotron clone,(which i really like, if i do say so my self), which is just waiting for some more bad guys before its done. and a menu/opening screen.

the other has been going on for ages, and is a vertical shooter.

if any one wants to try the first two, then send me an email and ill send you the source code to play with, and ill attach a picture of my vertical shooter (looks good).

cheers
charlie

06-02-2004 19:23

Posted by:
kemalyun

Find more posts by kemalyun

Projects ...

I'm working on ...

- The full version of Aztek's Revenge, where I'm waiting for the final graphics to be done.

- Bomber Jack, where there is not much completed yet except the graphics, concept and all the levels

- A german-learning program for my chinese girlfriend ;-)

- And some other ideas which are not yet finalized.

Mainly I'm waiting for bugfree new TNT version so I can finally save highscores! (delete file bug!)

06-02-2004 23:23

Posted by:
MapMaker

Click Here to Email MapMaker   Find more posts by MapMaker

Just released my final version of Solarionne not too long ago.

Started working on a space RPG, but its still in the very beggining stages.

MapMaker

06-02-2004 23:29

Posted by:
-wyvern

I am in awe of anyone who has actually finished making a game. My only success story was something called "The Discovery of the Gooey Messes", when I was ten. It was... interesting. At the moment I'm still cutting my RPG engine to pieces - I wonder when I'll ever finish it. I'm also doing an isometric fighting game, but it's really a question of whether I will find the time to finish.

06-03-2004 00:05

Posted by:
Stephen Lund

Click Here to Email Stephen Lund   Find more posts by Stephen Lund

when I tried to download it a bunch of letters came up in a diffrent page

Stephen

06-03-2004 01:47

Posted by:
JAS

Click Here to Email JAS   Find more posts by JAS

cANT stop! is pretty near finished as far as code goes, but I still need to design almost all the levels, ink and color the loading screens/cut scenes, improve some graphics, and some misc level music.

Legend of Shin-su is in a bad way. The 16MB limit in tnt halted the progress when I wasn't even passed the first level. I came up with a few ideas to cut back on the space I need, but it's still going to need more than 16MB especially for the music... I'm going to rewrite all the code from scratch to 1. optimize and 2. add a lot more game mechanics that weren't originally planned.

A game based on a movie (fan game) - I'll keep the title to myself for now... :) main character graphics almost done - 90% of the main character's code finished. AI tests for baddies 90%done. Missing all baddies artwork (2 bosses and 1 or 2 different art styles for the misc baddies)

A bunch of 1 level demos to see if tnt basic can do some crazy stuff in game and not loose out on speed - which has showed me that tnt is quite powerful - the 16MB limit sucks though.

06-04-2004 08:30

Posted by:
eekaydee

Wyvern, do you still have Discovery of the Gooey Messes? Sounds pretty cool actually.

06-04-2004 17:04

Posted by:
-wyvern

I'm not sure I do... Recovering it will mean dealing with my old and very badly broken PC, a device so crass in it's unwiediness and mediocrity it makes me weep at it's mere mention. The discovery of the gooey messes was seriously not that great. It was made with "The Games Factory", which is a program in the same genre as TNT, only fully graphical and integrated. It was limited in it's inception and extremely buggy, but it was what I worked with until we binned the PC and got a mac instead. GMS was based on a story some of my friends wrote about them making a magic potion out of toilet cleaner and washing up liquid that created a heinous gooey mess which terrorised the neighbourhood. You had to stop it. The game can only be described as insane - at that time of my life I was not very coherent and the laws of physics and reality had a tendancy of changing with every level. The most notable glitch caused the character to flail around in a disturbing fashion whenever he tried to walk to the left edge of a platform, and the whole thing was decorated with badly drawn, preteen nerd graphics. If you REALLY want to sample my disturbed youth that badly I could try to pluck it forth from its lurid microsoft den... but I will not be held responsible for the damage it may do.

06-04-2004 18:42

Posted by:
matteo

Click Here to Email matteo   Find more posts by matteo

I've started and finished in 3 days a particle simulator! Basically you have a lot of balls that attract each other by gravity and collide elastically... the result looks more as a screensaver than a simulation...

If you have an (old) pc (sorry...) you can get it at

http://www.radicalrebound.com/particles.zip

06-04-2004 20:51

Posted by:
eekaydee

Wyvern, In that case nevermind. I didn't realize it was so dangerous. Haha.

Matteo, that sounds pretty interesting. Because the collisions are elastic, all kinetic energy is conserved, correct? So it would just keep bouncing back and forth, and maybe be a good game obstacle system.

06-04-2004 21:12

Posted by:
matteo

hey eekay, it looks that you know your physics... ;-) (I dont know much, just what I remember from highshool...)

Yeah I actually put in a parameter, the elasticity of rebounds, so that rebounds may be a bit smoothed (otherwise it's very hard to form agglomerations...)

By the way you just gave me an idea! (as usual... ;-) : gravity asteroids!!

06-05-2004 21:57

Posted by:
eekaydee

Cool, just don't go stealing my gravity shooter idea from my first post above! ;)

06-05-2004 22:36

Posted by:
matteo

Oh I didn't see that!!! Looks that I'm not that original after all :-(

Well you'll do the mac version, I'll do the PC one...