Capabilites of TNT
< Last Thread     Next Thread >
Author
Thread        Post A Reply

03-03-2004 18:12

Posted by:
smodis

Find more posts by smodis

I have a question about the capabilites of TNT Basic. I have inspected the program and understand some of its functions and capabilites. My question is, if it would be possible to create i) a smooth side/vertical scrolling game. It would be a multiplayer (two players on one computer) game where the players hunt each other in a building. ii) a role playing game ala Final Fantasy series. Would it be possible to create either of these programs and have them run smooth and well in TNT?

Thanks

03-03-2004 20:28

Posted by:
JW

Click Here to Email JW   Find more posts by JW

Yes, that's possible, of course. TNT is a very good language and it's very easy to use. Side scrolling games won't be a problem, i'm also making a side scrolling game (i'm not familiar with final fantasy) but i think what you have a mind can be done in tnt basic. I was amazed by the speed of tntbasic. It gets a pretty good fps rate for the most games. (for basic programlanguage)
You can use the mapeditor to make the maps and here on the forum there are a lot of people who can help you with problems if you don't understand something.

So be sure you give it a try.
Hardware mode works fine for me (there is also graphic hardware mode, but it doesn't run smooth in my scrolling game), so try both to see what will work the best for you.

JW

03-03-2004 22:16

Posted by:
eekaydee

Click Here to Email eekaydee   Find more posts by eekaydee

Yeah, an RPG is possible. I'm actually working on one now in TNT. So far I haven't come across any problems that I couldn't work around. TNT has file writing for saving games, map viewports to make scrolling through a tiled map easier, and map objects.

JW, I can't believe you don't know what Final Fantasy is! It's a huge RPG series that started out on the original Nintendo Entertainment System and went to the SNES, then Playstation, then Playstation 2, and now PC.