Importing Groups of Images
< Last Thread     Next Thread >
Author
Thread        Post A Reply

01-14-2004 11:47

Posted by:
Miles

Click Here to Email Miles   Find more posts by Miles

While dragging image files from the finder into Heiroglyph, they don't seem to end up in any particular order. This is particularly annoying because I have 250 images I need in a Heiroglyph file, in a particular order. When I drag them in, despite having file names numbered 001 to 250, they seem to end up randomly arranged through the resource fork. 73 comes first... then 72... and then 33??? It doesn't make any sense...

I really don't want to drag each file in individually... That would take soooo long.

Note that this seems to happen even when dragging small numbers of files in. Is this some kind of problem with the finder or heiroglyph?

01-14-2004 14:14

Posted by:
eekaydee

Click Here to Email eekaydee   Find more posts by eekaydee

Maybe it's the order you selected the files in.
Think it would make a difference if you put them in a folder, organized them by name, and then selected all of them starting from the top?

01-14-2004 14:33

Posted by:
Miles

Click Here to Email Miles   Find more posts by Miles

Nah, definitely tried that, and many variations (including select all, selecting them one by one, etc.) It doesn't seem to matter how you set them out in the finder, they always end up in no particular order.

01-14-2004 22:06

Posted by:
DanLurie

Click Here to Email DanLurie   Find more posts by DanLurie

I have had the same issue and it drives me apeshit. I am doing a test project where I have a fairly large number of anim frames that I keep improving and replacing. It is very irritating.

02-08-2004 19:07

Posted by:
Mark Tully

Click Here to Email Mark Tully   Find more posts by Mark Tully

Well TNT Basic certainly doesn't do anything like 'randomise' the order of added images. That's simply the order that the finder gives them to TNT Basic, I've no idea why it doesn't just send them in order.

If you use the 'Create Picture' option from the 'Resource' menu, you can select multiple pictures in the file dialog box and that does import them in the order they appear.

Mark