Someone want to host some source code ?
< Last Thread     Next Thread >
Author
Thread        Post A Reply

01-04-2004 05:59

Posted by:
Holmes

Click Here to Email Holmes   Find more posts by Holmes

I have a small program written in TNT basic called Theseus II which I eventually ported and then developed into Argonaut - 2149. The TNT version is very incomplete compared to the Cocoa version (and that is an understatement) but it has a few tricks to show. The file is 3.0MB. If someone could host this file I could put it in the directory. I don't want to clog up the danlabgames.com server as it is not mine to clog (it is danlabs).

http://danlabgames.com/index.php?rub=argonaut

Above is a link to the Cocoa port so you can get an idea.

01-04-2004 07:50

Posted by:
CubeFusion

Find more posts by CubeFusion

I just wanted to say, congratulations on how well Argonaut turned out. I hope someday I can actually finish something with as high production values as THAT.

I also wanted to take this time to inform others that are having problems trying to get hosting, FuitadNET seems very good, I have been using them for about three months now. Customer service was very quick in my experience, so I have nothing but good things to say about them.

The smallest hosting package they offer is the bronze package. It gives you 3 Gigs of Hard Disk space, along with 25 Gigs of bandwidth a month. Pretty damn good deal for $4.99/Month

http://www.fuitadnet.com/

-------

Anyway, if you can't seem to find anyone to host the file for you, I would be happy to (I haven't even came close to reaching my bandwidth limit... ever). The resulting url would be something like http://www.cubefusionsw.com/downloads/theseus2.sit or something like that.

01-04-2004 20:17

Posted by:
Holmes

Click Here to Email Holmes   Find more posts by Holmes

That does sound like a sweet deal, but for now I'd love it if you (or anyone else) would host.

01-04-2004 21:06

Posted by:
CubeFusion

Find more posts by CubeFusion

I can't believe that I forgot about it, but I have 10 MB of Earthlink hosting (Bandwidth is unmetered). That is perfect for this kind of thing. Send the file to cubefusion@earthlink.net and I will send you back the link.

01-05-2004 20:55

Posted by:
MapMaker

Click Here to Email MapMaker   Find more posts by MapMaker

OS X Web Hosting

For those of you who leave your computer on sleep mode instead of turning it off (like me), and have OS X, you should know that OS X comes with an Apache server. I use it for hosting most of my web files. (Except those I want backed up on a different server just in case).

Go to the developer's section on the apple website to learn how to use it. Its quite easy to learn and is very good for private use, such as hosting your game files.

01-21-2004 01:05

Posted by:
EvolPenguin

Click Here to Email EvolPenguin   Find more posts by EvolPenguin

Map maker: Where is that info about the Apache server. I searched the developer area. Do you have a link? It looks interesting.

Al

01-21-2004 21:55

Posted by:
MapMaker

http://www.macdevcenter.com/pub/a/mac/collections/webserving.html

01-23-2004 15:38

Posted by:
Stephen Lund

Click Here to Email Stephen Lund   Find more posts by Stephen Lund

will this program work on Mac 0SX 9.2

Stephen

01-26-2004 14:53

Posted by:
MapMaker

I don't know

It came with Mac OS X so I don't really know.
I would guess it doesn't.

Sorry,
MapMaker

02-19-2004 09:27

Posted by:
James

Find more posts by James

re: Holmes

I can host it at my site... I have 4 GB of webspace. :D

James