< Last Thread     Next Thread >
Author
Thread        Post A Reply

12-03-2003 04:00

Posted by:
CubeFusion

Find more posts by CubeFusion

Click this link

I was surfing around the iDevGames forum a couple days ago, and I found this thread. It was started by a developer who goes by the alias "aarku". He was looking for the solution to the "TNT Basic keeps <Censored> up my windows!" problem.

Essentially any application that uses the RezLib libraries will have all open windows resized to some very weird shapes. In the words of "OneSadCookie", another developer.

quote:
Don't use RezLib :p

aglSetFullScreen and the DrawSprocket routines will capture the screen for you (which is what you have to do to avoid this problem). DrawSprocket isn't entirely perfect in a crash though...

You can switch to one of those APIs, hack the RezLib source code, switch to Mach-O and call CGCaptureAllDisplays yourself, or probably a few other things. Make your choice :)

12-03-2003 04:05

Posted by:
CubeFusion

Find more posts by CubeFusion

Oops, I meant that aarku was trying to fix the problem on HIS game, not TNT Basic specifically. I think they might be the same problem, however it all depends on whether TNT Basic uses RezLib.

12-09-2003 21:27

Posted by:
Mark Tully

Click Here to Email Mark Tully   Find more posts by Mark Tully

Yeah TNT Basic uses RezLib. I'll have to look into how to work around the problem.

Mark