Pressed Command
< Last Thread     Next Thread >
Author
Thread        Post A Reply

11-07-2003 03:19

Posted by:
ryancey

Find more posts by ryancey

Before I updated to v1.2, I was using the option key ( "if Pressed(58)" ) as the attack button in my game, and it was working fine. However, after updating, it seemed to stop recognizing the key press altogether. I changed the code to check for the space bar ( "if Pressed(49)" ) instead, and it worked fine again. After doing some further checking, it seems the Pressed() command wont recognize the control or shift (#59, 56, 60) keys either.

Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong somehow?

Running OSX 10.2.6 btw

11-07-2003 22:35

Posted by:
Mark Tully

Click Here to Email Mark Tully   Find more posts by Mark Tully

I had to completely change the way keys were read from the keyboard with 1.2, it's possible I inadventenly broke it for the modifier keys. I'll check the code.

Mark

11-08-2003 01:11

Posted by:
MapMaker

Click Here to Email MapMaker   Find more posts by MapMaker

Hi,

This problem just came up when I installed Version 1.2

I have a procedure called movescreen() that moves the map viewport whenever I press a corresponding arrow key.

Since I installed the new version, the arrow keys have continued to work, but the screen has stated moving around randomly as if it has a life of its own.

I took the pressed() key codes out of the function, using the mouse to move the viewport around, and it stopped moving by itself.

I think this is a bug that might be related to ryancey's problem.

MapMaker

11-09-2003 22:51

Posted by:
Mark Tully

Click Here to Email Mark Tully   Find more posts by Mark Tully

Can you send me the source code that demonstrates the viewport problem? Strip as much graphics out of it as possible so that it's small, stuffit and email it to mark at tntbasic dot com.NOSPAM .

Cheers,

Mark