What happened to idevgames.com?
< Last Thread     Next Thread >
Author
Thread        Post A Reply

11-06-2003 20:54

Posted by:
matteo

Click Here to Email matteo   Find more posts by matteo

The url is not responding. I read somewhere that it has been hacked. Does somebody know what happened?

11-07-2003 00:23

Posted by:
eekaydee

Click Here to Email eekaydee   Find more posts by eekaydee

Is that what happened? Where did you read that?

11-07-2003 00:53

Posted by:
CubeFusion

Find more posts by CubeFusion

matteo is correct in the assumption that iDevGames has been hacked. It is truly a sick individual who would destroy a site such as that. And I hope they catch those jerks and hang them by their genitals.

quote:
Dear uDG developer,

iDevGames was recently hacked and our server was taken down. We are working hard to restore the site and to get the contest back underway. In the meantime, please come to our AIM/iChat room "iDevGames" If you have any questions, ask in the chat room first and THEN send me email.

Cheers,

p.s. Please note my emergency email address.

Carlos A. Camacho
Editor-in-Chief
editor@idevgames.com
http://www.idevgames.com

quote:
Dear uDevGame entrants,

Due to iDevGames' server problems, we won't have access to the list of entries for a day or two. In the mean time, we're compiling a temporary list of game downloads.

To get yourself added to the list, please reply to this email with your game's name and a download URL. If you need server space, please visit the iDevGames chat room on iChat/AIM and somebody will volunteer to host your game for you.

Apologies if you have withdrawn, the exact list of entrants will also be unavailable for a couple of days.

If you're in personal contact with another uDevGame developer, please contact them to ensure they have received this message.

We hope to have voting underway again as soon as possible too.

The temporary iDevGames site is at http://219.109.107.122/ . Hopefully the iDevGames.com domain name will be updated to point there shortly too.

We apologize for the inconvenience.
-Keith Bauer,
iDevGames FAQ editor and acting PR guy

11-07-2003 22:33

Posted by:
Mark Tully

Click Here to Email Mark Tully   Find more posts by Mark Tully

Some people really have nothing better to do.

Some sicko hacked tntbasic.com a few months back too, couldn't do much damage but they did mange to reset our databaes, which wiped the forums. I had to restore from a backup that was 2 days old and we may have lost some posts. Very annoying, but it was my fault for leaving the forum admin page live on the site. Cest la vie.

Mark

11-08-2003 01:47

Posted by:
Dalek

Find more posts by Dalek

They just got the domain name back!

11-10-2003 18:27

Posted by:
mark_667

Click Here to Email mark_667   Find more posts by mark_667

This was probably part of an organised cracking contest (mac servers are always worth more points because they are so secure, with Micorsoft being lowest-naturally ;)) unfortunately, because of the amount of upload/download traffic they get from a site like that it could have provided quite a few potential ways in and it can be difficult for the admins with all the false positives. I hope they didn't damage any of the contestant's work, especially as some of them are using TNT.

11-13-2003 03:06

Posted by:
LordFire

Click Here to Email LordFire   Find more posts by LordFire

Yes we were hacked.

Yes iDevGames was hacked. I believe it was hacked and then used to send out SPAM. Once spam started to spew from it the hosting company shut the link down. iDG is not a mac server, it was a redhat linux 7 box. Carlos and Griggs are pretty sure all the data is ok. At the moment the machine has been re-imaged with redhat 9 I believe. Once it is set-up Carlos is going to arrange a security audit be done on it. This is going to cost money :( but we hope will prevent another attack soon.
One of our problems is we all have day jobs so trying to fix up iDG and arrange things for it are done in our spare time.
It should be back soon.

12-14-2003 04:09

Posted by:
CubeFusion

Looks like some retard has just hacked the iDevGames.com site AGAIN.

12-14-2003 13:29

Posted by:
DanLurie

Click Here to Email DanLurie   Find more posts by DanLurie

No. This time doesn't appear to be a hacker job.

12-14-2003 21:38

Posted by:
CubeFusion

What do you mean? Yesterday there was a hacker message that looked like it was run through Babelfish on the iDevGames page. Inside what was left of their forum their was a discussion about the site getting hacked too. They said something about the culprit being some "Script Kiddie" or something like that, is that what you mean?

06-04-2004 07:36

Posted by:
matteo

Same questionn: what happened to idev?

06-04-2004 08:21

Posted by:
eekaydee

I was beginning to think I was the only one who noticed.

I have no idea what happened. I keep trying everyday, but it never loads. What was the name of the idevgames chat room again? Maybe we can find someone who knows.

06-04-2004 09:57

Posted by:
matteo

this seems to be a recurrent topic...

"What happened to iDev Part III: the return of the coder"

06-04-2004 16:11

Posted by:
CubeFusion

I miss iDevGames... I used to visit the forums pretty regularly. Recently the Torque engine caught my eye. But before I plunk down the $100 for the engine, I wanted to check out some of the discussions they had on the site. Oh well, guess I had better get back to working on my website (www.cubefusionsw.com if you want to see my progress).

06-05-2004 21:49

Posted by:
eekaydee

I found out from Josh Abernathy what happened. There was a hard drive problem or something...Carlos is posting at http://www.createmacgames.org

06-23-2004 18:29

Posted by:
eLL

Click Here to Email eLL   Find more posts by eLL

she lives

idevgames, she lives again..
site came back up earlier this week

[url=http://www.idevgames.com]iDevgames.com[url]