Pixel Draw app thing
< Last Thread     Next Thread >
Author
Thread        Post A Reply

11-02-2003 17:25

Posted by:
Dalek

Find more posts by Dalek

Does anybody know of a simple free or cheap pixel drawing thing for mac (not Photoshop) with multiple tools where you can draw the individual pixels of sprites and put them in rsrcS or maybe save them in other Graphic formats like GIF or JPG?

11-02-2003 23:06

Posted by:
MapMaker

Click Here to Email MapMaker   Find more posts by MapMaker

I used Appleworks 6 to draw my game sprites by the 'pixel'. They're so big though I'm not sure they're usefull, depends on how detailed you want your stuff to be.

11-03-2003 00:00

Posted by:
someone

Click Here to Email someone   Find more posts by someone

I would suggest Digital Darkroom™ , though I haven't tried many apps ( I have Photoshop! ) If you want to do 3D, try MeshWork, it's cheap and powerful.

11-03-2003 01:00

Posted by:
buddy

Click Here to Email buddy   Find more posts by buddy

GraphicConverter
GraphicConverter is shareware, but it is fully functional if you wait for the countdown.

It is like $40. I used it forever years ago before finally registering it. It is TOTALLY worth it... this program should be $120...

Anyway... go get it... go to versiontracker.com and you cna easily find it.

buddy

11-03-2003 19:50

Posted by:
Mark Tully

Click Here to Email Mark Tully   Find more posts by Mark Tully

If you can afford the download time, you could always install X-Windows then run one of the many freeware Linux paint programs such as Gimp.

If you have OS X 10.3, I believe X-Windows will be installed, although I don't know this for certain cos I've not got mine yet.

Mark