Text Objects?
< Last Thread     Next Thread >
Author
Thread        Post A Reply

10-31-2003 14:14

Posted by:
-wyvern

Find more posts by -wyvern

Drawing text onto objects can be infuriating to say the least. It would be a great help if at some point in the future we could have "text objects" that contained a string in a certain font, colour and transparency that could be moved around in a manner similar to that of a sprite. Just a thought, you have a lot of requests from me allready. Oh, and when can we expect TNT v1.13 roughly?

10-31-2003 22:13

Posted by:
someone

Click Here to Email someone   Find more posts by someone

> >>
it would be a great help if at some point in the future we could have "text objects" that contained a string in a certain font, colour and transparency that could be moved around in a manner similar to that of a sprite
> >>

What's the point? you can create a text sprite!

10-31-2003 23:03

Posted by:
-wyvern

What??

How is that arranged? (By the way, I know you can 'draw text', that's not what I meant)

10-31-2003 23:55

Posted by:
matteo

Click Here to Email matteo   Find more posts by matteo

yeah, I did it in my game: you create a new canvas, you write on it with draw text then you "copy image" in some sprite bank taking care of using black as mask.

11-01-2003 06:12

Posted by:
eekaydee

Click Here to Email eekaydee   Find more posts by eekaydee

Yeah, I use copy image too. But using a color as a mask leaves a rough edge to the text because it is anti-aliased, and only those pixels which are completely black are masked out. It's more work, but I use two canvases. One is painted black and then drawn over with the text I want to make in white. This becomes the mask image in the copy image command. For the source, I just open a canvas with the same size and paint it any color I wish the text to be.

11-01-2003 12:08

Posted by:
-wyvern

Thankyou very much, I'll use that.