Cant drag images to image banks
< Last Thread     Next Thread >
Author
Thread        Post A Reply

10-28-2003 21:44

Posted by:
fjerkon

Find more posts by fjerkon

I'm a new user and has just started using tnt basic and hieroglyph. well.. looking through your "how-to" tutorials i understand i am supposed to drag and drop images from my left column of the graphics section to the right column (the image bank) to add new images to the bank.. but no.. i cant!... i've created a new image bank and all!! HELP!!!!

i'm using mac os 10.3 (panther)

11-01-2003 21:44

Posted by:
Mark Tully

Click Here to Email Mark Tully   Find more posts by Mark Tully

I think this could be a Pather related issue as it works fine on Mac OS 10.2x. I'm getting my copy of Pather in the next few days so I'll have to try and fix it then. Until then, I can't offer any workaround, unless someone else with 10.3 has an idea?

Mark

11-02-2003 01:21

Posted by:
Phil

Find more posts by Phil

Yeah, ditto for me. :'( I'm using Panther and can't add anything to my image bank. Can I use ResEdit or something as a workaround? Or, could you add a temp menu in Hieroglyph or something as a workaround until you can debug the dragging issue (if it is easy)? I'd restart into OS-9, but I've got a newer Mac which won't boot into 9.

PS- On another OS-X related note: there should be a message on the tutorials pages that certain input stuff just won't work under OS-X (e.g. input sprockets). It's mentioned elsewhere, but Newbies (like me!) won't know without searching to see what is wrong.

PPS- Using TNT for the first time tonight, I wrote, tweaked, and played Pong. Very cool!

Phil

11-03-2003 19:44

Posted by:
Mark Tully

Can you run the classic environment on your machine? If so, do a "Get Info" on Hieroglyph and tick the "Open in the Classic Environment" checkbox. This will run it in Mac OS 9 inside Mac OS X and should hopefully solve the issue for the time being.

I've added lots of comments explaining about input sprocket, it will be in the next release which is imminent.

Mark

11-04-2003 01:35

Posted by:
Phil

Find more posts by Phil

Ah, yeah it works just fine in the classic environment under 10.3. Great suggestion! A lot easier than my tinkering with ResEdit. ;')

Phil

11-04-2003 02:09

Posted by:
EvolPenguin

Click Here to Email EvolPenguin   Find more posts by EvolPenguin

trying copying

Maybe you could try copying and pasting into the image area. That might work. When I get Panther installed soon, i'll check it out.

Alex

11-04-2003 20:13

Posted by:
Mark Tully

Unfortunately, you can't copy and paste into the image bank, just drag and drop.

Mark

11-12-2003 00:44

Posted by:
Mark Tully

Ok, there's an updated version of Hieroglyph that fixes this bug available in the downloads section.

This will be part of a TNT Basic 1.21 release which will fix a number of other teething problems discovered with Mac OS 10.3. Expect TNT Basic 1.21 shortly.

Cheers,

Mark