RPGs...again...
< Last Thread     Next Thread >
Author
Thread        Post A Reply

10-25-2003 00:08

Posted by:
rockmusicdragoon

Find more posts by rockmusicdragoon

I read the thread with the French guy, and I wanted to kind of expand on his question. You see, my friend and I have had this dream RPG that we have been creating since like seventh grade (we're both graduated and in the adult phases of our lives now, so that's a long time). Basically, it's just like Final Fantasy III for SNES, but with our own scenario, and a similar, but different enough to be interesting, battle system. About the same length, and the same amount of animations, just higher resolution, of course. We have all this crap done, animations, story, script, battle system design, but neither of us know how to program.

I know it will take some time to get to a point where we could do this, but is a game of this magnitude within the scope of the capabilites of TNT Basic? This language seems like something we could catch on to and expound upon, and we would be really stoked if it is possible.

Any opinion would be appreciated

Jason

10-25-2003 00:46

Posted by:
Leorik The Creator

Find more posts by Leorik The Creator

Well...

as i think tnt basic is a great program the only think it cant does is 3 D graphics, but for your rpg game it will be probably ok...

First if you want to learn how to program take look
www.tntbasic.com/learn and download some source code look at them . And try to understand the meaning of all the lines...i will stop there cause i can write thousands of line to explane it for you but the answer to your question is probably yes your graphics can be very good close to the ff3 that you want to do but its sure it will take a lot of time to do the game but don't loose your hope !

i hope you have all your answers in that if not please reply and ask me an another question i would be please to answer it !

See ya !

Leorik The Creator

10-25-2003 01:27

Posted by:
rockmusicdragoon

Hey thanks man! I'll be sure to stick around these forums, and thanks for the help!

Jason

10-25-2003 03:35

Posted by:
eekaydee

Click Here to Email eekaydee   Find more posts by eekaydee

That's cool. I'm trying to make an RPG with TNT, and it's working out pretty good. Just don't be like me and try to be a perfectionist. The game never finishes.

10-26-2003 05:05

Posted by:
rockmusicdragoon

Yeah, the only thing I think is going to be a major stumbling block is managing save files and keeping the code from getting too wild when I have to script in all these dialogue scenes, enemies, towns, etc. I guess it'll make sense to me eventually, but right now, it seems intimidating.

10-26-2003 20:04

Posted by:
matteo

Click Here to Email matteo   Find more posts by matteo

Tell us everything about your game, eyankedee!!

10-27-2003 01:34

Posted by:
rockmusicdragoon

Yeah, eekaydee. Do you have any of this game done to show us? Perhaps some source code so I can see how one would set this kind of thing up? I've not seen any tutorials or projects that leave their source open that are RPGs, so I'm pretty confused.

10-27-2003 02:07

Posted by:
eekaydee

Click Here to Email eekaydee   Find more posts by eekaydee

Hahaha, my game is just an engine right now. If I'm going to let anyone see it, I better change some stuff, cause I made a lot of stupid placeholder dialog and graphics. :D I'll get working on making it somewhat presentable.

And hmmm...yes, I wanted to see some RPG source when I started with TNT, but found none. I should release my code but...it's my precious code! All my secrets :D. I'm also a ashamed of the my code structure, ungraceful methods of data storage and lack of actual game.

I'll think about it.

10-27-2003 14:50

Posted by:
Leorik The Creator

Find more posts by Leorik The Creator

good luck

i wish you good luck and patience for making your games !