It's dead, Jim!
< Last Thread     Next Thread >
Author
Thread        Post A Reply

01-05-2002 02:43

Posted by:
Space Lemur

Click Here to Email Space Lemur   Find more posts by Space Lemur

This is the second time this has happened to me. The first time was in OS 9, but this time was in OS X.
TNT Basic unexpectedly quit as soon as I ran it from Hieroglyph (I think I had used an integer before it was defined, but I can't remember), but when I hit command-R again, OS X completely froze up: no input accepted, no mouse movement, no kernel panic text. So I restarted.
Now the file I was working on can't be opened because "the resource map of the file was not consistent with the operation." ResEdit confirms the file is corrupt and not repairable.
This is on a PowerBook G3 400 MHz, 768 MB RAM, Mac OS 10.1.2 and 9.2.2. My hard drive, however, sounds like a dying cat stuck in a vacuum cleaner, so it's impending demise might be to blame.

01-05-2002 03:06

Posted by:
Space Lemur

I can crash TNT Basic the way it did when I lost the file, but I can't make it bring down the system. Immediately after opening a new file in Hieroglyph, I typed in this code:

Open Canvas 1,x,y

int x=640,y=480

Those lines make TNT Basic quit unexpectedly with an error -600 every time I run it. Checking the syntax does the exact same thing -- it launches TNT Basic which then promptly quits!

01-05-2002 03:20

Posted by:
Space Lemur

This time in OS 9.2.2, running the same code as above results in the loss of keyboard and mouse button input... but a simple command-period stops TNT Basic cleanly.

01-05-2002 17:23

Posted by:
Mark Tully

Find more posts by Mark Tully

Fixed

That bug has already been fixed, we'll be releasing TNT Basic 1.01 very soon now.

Mark

08-16-2002 15:43

Posted by:
Mr Me

Find more posts by Mr Me

It happened to me and I use the latest release of TNT Basic... Is there anyway to save anything from the file??