Beta testers required!
< Last Thread     Next Thread >
Author
Thread        Post A Reply

10-19-2003 19:16

Posted by:
Mark Tully

Click Here to Email Mark Tully   Find more posts by Mark Tully

We're finally nearing release of TNT Basic 1.13 (woohoo!), one of the bugs we've tried to fix is the problem with graphics not appearing on certain computers if VBL Sync was set to on.

This doesn't happen on any of our test machines, so it's a bit difficult for us to fix. So, I've made a change that I think might fix it, but then again it might not. If someone who has the problem would be good enough, then could you please download a patch for TNT Basic 1.12 and see if it fixes the bug. If it doesn't fix the bug, then please let me know as soon as possible. To test it, make sure that your game definitely still has a problem with TNT Basic 1.12, then try the new version and see if stops happening.

If I hear no feedback from anyone then I'll just have to release 1.13 anyway as it's getting near to the uDevGames deadline and you guys deserve an update!

The patch is available from http://www.tntbasic.com/download/TNT_Basic_112M7J1_Patch.sit , this is simply for testing if the vbl syncing is working, if you have no idea what I'm talking about, or if TNT Basic seems to work fine for you then don't bother downloading it. There will be a full general release for everyone soon.

Cheers,

Mark

10-20-2003 18:08

Posted by:
mark_667

Click Here to Email mark_667   Find more posts by mark_667

I see the from the file path in the link that the patch above has been placed in the download directory, but I can't see it on any of the pages, just this post? Just how important is it to install and can you give us an idea of the time we could expect the next version by? thanks for the info.

10-20-2003 21:35

Posted by:
Mark Tully

The new version will hopefully be released before the weekend, or maybe at the weekend. As for importance of the patch, I'm not sure how widespread the problem of the vbl syncing is. A few people have complained that vbl syncing doesn't work, but unless someone is able to test it for me who has this problem I can't actually fix it (!).

Cheers,

Mark

10-23-2003 01:04

Posted by:
DanLurie

Click Here to Email DanLurie   Find more posts by DanLurie

I'd test it, but I have an LCD so I think its a moot point for me.

10-26-2003 22:36

Posted by:
Mark Tully

Thanks, but it really only needs to be tested by the people who reported that TNT Basic didn't work for them. If the current TNT Basic works OK for you then you needn't test it.

Cheers,

Mark