Directory Contents
< Last Thread     Next Thread >
Author
Thread        Post A Reply

10-15-2003 22:38

Posted by:
Jared

Find more posts by Jared

Currently is there any way to get the file names and folder names in a given folder in tnt basic? Just wondering. I've been looking.

Jared

10-16-2003 21:19

Posted by:
Mark Tully

Click Here to Email Mark Tully   Find more posts by Mark Tully

No I'm afraid we don't currently support that, I take it you need it. What were you looking at using it for, finding all the data files in a folder or something?

Mark

10-17-2003 05:44

Posted by:
Jared

Find more posts by Jared

Yep. It would allow for a more graceful less forced method. Also I would really like to be able to export image banks to a file. So I could build image banks in one tnt program and use them in another. Just a thought. A suggestion really. Thanks for the help.

Jared

10-17-2003 06:52

Posted by:
eekaydee

Click Here to Email eekaydee   Find more posts by eekaydee

Well, you can open up the source file in ResEdit and copy the image banks from the resource fork.

10-17-2003 20:39

Posted by:
Mark Tully

Click Here to Email Mark Tully   Find more posts by Mark Tully

At the moment, TNT can't load resources from external files, so you wouldn't be able to load the images even if you could find and open the file. It's something we're going to add in the future.

Cheers,

Mark

10-20-2003 21:38

Posted by:
buddy

Click Here to Email buddy   Find more posts by buddy

If you will always know how many files are in the directory, you could have another file in the directory (i.e. "NumFiles") that just has an integer that TNTBasic could read to know how many files were in the directory.