Subroutines or a substitute. - in TNT?
< Last Thread     Next Thread >
Author
Thread        Post A Reply

09-15-2003 01:36

Posted by:
Martin

Click Here to Email Martin   Find more posts by Martin

In the first application that I programmed using Micrsosoft QuickBasic, I could use subroutines to separate the core and its many subsidiary parts. And when I wrote a program for a game using Symantic C and later Codewarior I could have separate sections of code with each section's functions. Separating a large program makes it easier to write.

Is there a way in TNT Basic of placing code in separate code files which then could be called from the main loop? Subroutines don't work, at least in the way they did in QuickBasic.

09-15-2003 03:45

Posted by:
Jason Anderson

Click Here to Email Jason Anderson   Find more posts by Jason Anderson

They're all Procedures in TNT Basic.

I used to program QB as well and if I still had any of my old code, I'd be converting them like crazy.

09-16-2003 03:01

Posted by:
buddy

Click Here to Email buddy   Find more posts by buddy

No, you can't separate your code into multiple source files. Since your code is interpreted at runtime instead of compiled, the runtime engine (TNT) needs all the code together in one file.

PK

09-16-2003 22:50

Posted by:
someone

Click Here to Email someone   Find more posts by someone

Thought it would be cool to remove from the code the procs I've finished! If the creators of TNT can anytime soon prove they're not dead I could submit this idea.

09-18-2003 09:42

Posted by:
Martin

Click Here to Email Martin   Find more posts by Martin

Thank you "buddy" for explaining about runtime and compilation. Now I know.

Sorry I didn't get back sooner but for the last two days, TNT was not accessible here in Florida, USA