Request
< Last Thread     Next Thread >
Author
Thread        Post A Reply

12-31-2001 20:47

Posted by:
mark evens

Find more posts by mark evens

Hello, I was wondering if in the not-so-distant future there could be properties for tiles on an individual basis and custom tile collision? Like if I have a map made out of blue, purple, yellow and green tiles, and I only want you to be able to pass through the blue and green tiles. Maybe setting an info window up for each tile and having a slider/checkbox/whatever for collision, then the load map function could go through that and have everything sorted out when the map shows up on the canvas.

Just seems like there needs to be a built-in function for doing tile collision, since the atmosphere is usually made up of them.

01-03-2002 22:41

Posted by:
Mark Tully

Find more posts by Mark Tully

Genesis allows you to test what tile is at any location and also draw polygons onto tiles, which you can test for to see if a particular point is in a given polygon. This allows to draw solid or passible blocks over your map easily.

A tile info window that allows you to set arbitrary properties for tiles would be a good idea too, we'll think about that one for a future version of TNT Basic.

Thanks!

Mark