possible new feature
< Last Thread     Next Thread >
Author
Thread        Post A Reply

09-04-2003 21:13

Posted by:
charlie

Click Here to Email charlie   Find more posts by charlie

i wondered if it would be possible to have a feature that allowed you to use the previous screen.
i am interested in an effect used in tempest 2000 on the atari jaguar that fed the previous screen into the machines rotate/scale mechanism to produce that sort of energy wave/feedbacky type effect used in the game
it wouldnt be too hard to do i dont think, or is there already a feature that does this
either way, it would be quite a cool effect to have in tnt

thanks charlie

09-04-2003 21:21

Posted by:
charlie

also how about a function that splits sprites into sections so that you can send them flying round the screen in explosions or other things.
maybe you could have a boss in a game that assembled itself into a single sprite before you fought it, like it just came through a teleporter or something

thanks
charlie

09-04-2003 22:52

Posted by:
someone

Click Here to Email someone   Find more posts by someone

I don't know any previous image function.

You could split a boss in pieces with copy image, but I have no code done so you'd have to do it yourself.

09-05-2003 12:13

Posted by:
eLL

Click Here to Email eLL   Find more posts by eLL

moan

just an early suggestion try using moan (programs) to move the different portions of a large entity this should help to keep it sync'd.

09-12-2003 11:00

Posted by:
mark_667

Click Here to Email mark_667   Find more posts by mark_667

Hi,
I think to split up images in the way you are describing you need a independant sprite editor, you could have a few sprites grouped together to form a normal 'solid' image like a mosaic, and then anuiimate them when you want them to explode otr something.

09-20-2003 23:46

Posted by:
Mark Tully

Click Here to Email Mark Tully   Find more posts by Mark Tully

Unfortunately we won't be able to keep a copy of the previous screen in an efficient way because of the way the mac hardware works. The Jaguar would have been able to do it very efficiently. All you could do is copy the canvas using the copy canvas command. This won't show any sprites unfortunately, as they aren't draw on the canvas until the 'draw frame' command is called, and they're erased before it completes, so if you want sprites on your 'snapshot', you would have to paste those on yourself using the 'paste sprite' command.

Sorry about that,

Mark

09-21-2003 12:41

Posted by:
charlie

thats a shame, i was thinking about using paste sprite but hadnt thought of copy canvas, ill have a go though.

thanks
charlie