< Last Thread     Next Thread >
Author
Thread        Post A Reply

08-13-2003 12:50

Posted by:
mark_667

Click Here to Email mark_667   Find more posts by mark_667

Hi,
I think I may be missing something pretty obvious, but how is it possible to automatically re-size the map to fit the canvas? As far as I can see there are no commands to do this? Or do you just have to make the map very large to start with?

thanks for any help,
mark_667

08-14-2003 22:38

Posted by:
Mark Tully

Click Here to Email Mark Tully   Find more posts by Mark Tully

Do you mean stretch the tiles out so you've got the same number but they're individually bigger, or add more tiles so that it fills the canvas?

You can't resize maps in your program, but you can resize them in genesis. You can also change the tiles to be bigger, then scale the image you use for the tiles up to match using a paint package.

Another thing to try would be to render the map yourself using a loop that gets the map tile and then pastes an image from the tile picture onto the canvas. That way you can render it however you like.

Hope this helps a bit!

Mark

08-16-2003 11:49

Posted by:
mark_667

Click Here to Email mark_667   Find more posts by mark_667

What I meant was to scale the map in the code(or genises), an example would be to re-size the overall map image by a certain percentage like you can in most paint programs. But rendering the tiles and pasting them sounds about the best way.
thanks for the tip. :-)