udevGame ? - we need the next TNT!!
< Last Thread     Next Thread >
Author
Thread        Post A Reply

08-12-2003 04:59

Posted by:
Machi

Click Here to Email Machi   Find more posts by Machi

I'm quite interested in writing and submitting a TNT game for the contest, but the concepts that I have, really require the promised bug fixes and at least some of the enhancements that we have been promised in TNT.

I know you guys are busy, but 1.12 has been around for a long time now. Can you give any indication of when we can realistically expect the next version of TNT, or should we just forget about it ?

08-13-2003 06:22

Posted by:
Jason Anderson

Click Here to Email Jason Anderson   Find more posts by Jason Anderson

Ditto! It's taking a long time. Even longer than Konfabulator took to go to 1.5.. I'm expecting a really good update. I hope it's soon.

08-14-2003 22:29

Posted by:
Mark Tully

Click Here to Email Mark Tully   Find more posts by Mark Tully

Shouldn't be long, I'll gonna try and fix all outstanding bugs and maybe slip a few minor new features in. It should be out before the uDevGames deadline so don't worry about the bugs - but make sure you're reported them!

We've fixed the map editor and lots of minor bugs, and are going to resolve the vbl sync = no gfx bug, and add a workaround for the getkeys bug in OS X 10.2 and fix printing so it works again.

Cheers,

Mark

08-14-2003 23:52

Posted by:
Machi

Thanks Mark - there have been many, many, many features / issues dicussed in these pages in the last 9 months. One of the required features, but not necessarily a bug as such, is the lack of real MIDI support. As we know, MIDI is not really supported under TNT. Will this be addressed in the next release ?

08-14-2003 23:58

Posted by:
Machi

... oh, and I also meant to say that unless the update is available well before the uDev deadline, there's not much point in putting a lot of effort into developing a game. The rapid development approach means constant and cyclic tinkering and testing, so it's not just a question of us waiting until the very end, installing a new version of TNT and then seeing if all of the anticipated bugs have disappeared, possibly making the game playable.

08-22-2003 02:48

Posted by:
DanLurie

Click Here to Email DanLurie   Find more posts by DanLurie

quote:
We've fixed the map editor...

Thank you. It was driving me loopy.