Sprite Editor
< Last Thread     Next Thread >
Author
Thread        Post A Reply

07-06-2003 20:55

Posted by:
DanLurie

Click Here to Email DanLurie   Find more posts by DanLurie

I think a nice complement to Heiroglyph would be a simple sprite editor with onion skinning and basic paint tools. Just a thought.

07-08-2003 22:00

Posted by:
Mark Tully

Click Here to Email Mark Tully   Find more posts by Mark Tully

Yeah we've talked about stuff like this before and decided to leave it as 'a third party opportunity' as Apple say :)

We've got enough on our plates with TNT and Hieroglyph, but there are a few tools out there which fit the bill, I'm sure someone here or at iDevGames.com could point you in the right direction.

Cheers,

Mark

07-09-2003 19:50

Posted by:
mark_667

Click Here to Email mark_667   Find more posts by mark_667

Hi,
Is it not possible to adapt the map editing tools in Genesis to achieve this function? At least this way you wouldn't have to rely on third party tools or plug-ins which may not be compatible or reliable enough.

Just a thought,
Mark_667

07-09-2003 20:51

Posted by:
eekaydee

Click Here to Email eekaydee   Find more posts by eekaydee

Huh?

What's onion skinning?

07-09-2003 22:06

Posted by:
DanLurie

>Huh?
>
>What's onion skinning?

Onion-skinning is the ability to see a ghosted image of the previous frame in an animation while drawing. Its kind of like using tracing paper.

07-10-2003 13:58

Posted by:
someone

Click Here to Email someone   Find more posts by someone

The developpers of TNT do not have to waste time for this. If you have enough money, you can buy really good software like Adobe Photoshop. If not, I suggest AppleWorks or Digital Darkroom.

07-10-2003 14:00

Posted by:
someone

Click Here to Email someone   Find more posts by someone

You cannot do onion-skinning in low cost software, but you can use Movie Works to draw and animate animating skeletons in Animator then save them and draw the whole character in a better drawing software.

07-10-2003 22:03

Posted by:
DanLurie

Matthew,

Photoshop is not really the same thing (I'd still have to preview the anims in another program.) I am aware of alternatives, WebPainter (if you don't mind booting into classic mode all the time,) or running Deluxe Paint through an Amiga emulator. These are not optimal solutions though. Painter used to have a feature for doing this, as did Strata's Media Paint, which they abandoned.

I only suggested it, because it seemed like it would make TNT a more complete solution for game creation.