About Networking
< Last Thread     Next Thread >
Author
Thread        Post A Reply

06-17-2003 06:38

Posted by:
eekaydee

Click Here to Email eekaydee   Find more posts by eekaydee

Sorry for being so ignorant, but in the networking example I am having trouble joining a game. One of the fields is the IP address. Is this the IP of the computer I am using, the computer I am trying to connect to, or the network? I am currently using a router, but does it have to be on a LAN or can it work through the internet?

06-22-2003 22:11

Posted by:
Mark Tully

Click Here to Email Mark Tully   Find more posts by Mark Tully

Hi,

It's the IP address of the computer you want to connect to, that is the one hosting the game. It can be on the LAN or the internet, your router will figure out whether the address in on the LAN or internet and will handle the rest. If your router has a domain name server built in then you should also be able to just type the name of the computer on your lan that you want to connect to.

Cheers,

Mark

06-22-2003 22:57

Posted by:
eekaydee

Thanks! Networking is great!

06-22-2003 22:59

Posted by:
matteo

Click Here to Email matteo   Find more posts by matteo

problems networking OS 9

I have problems networking TNT in os 9: it seems to break the connection: is it possible that in os 9 the system gets so little time that he can't maintain the connection while running TNT?

06-28-2003 22:37

Posted by:
eekaydee

I'm having trouble playing the "networking example". When I join a game on my router's LAN, the net ID returns -1 after a few seconds and on line 163,
Set Net Data gUp[n],Up
gives an error because n is -1. It only happens to the computer that joins the game, not the host. Why does the net ID return -1?