Links to TNT games in this site
< Last Thread     Next Thread >
Author
Thread        Post A Reply

05-14-2003 21:55

Posted by:
matteo

Click Here to Email matteo   Find more posts by matteo

I think it would be a good idea if you put a page with links to TNT Basic games. I could put also a postmortem of my gamoz, RadicalRebound, with commments (mostly good ;-) on TNT

05-16-2003 17:20

Posted by:
Mark Tully

Click Here to Email Mark Tully   Find more posts by Mark Tully

Links page

I'm doing some work on the website at the moment, expect to be able to add your own links, examples and announcements soon.

Any other ideas people have for improving the website would be welcome about now - nothing too big!

Cheers,

Mark

05-17-2003 09:41

Posted by:
matteo

A progress log

If it' s not too much work for you, I know a lot of people here would like you to keep a progress log updated, where you write what are your short (and not so short) term goals with TNT and what you are actually doing. This could be an important point to convince people buying TNT.

05-18-2003 00:07

Posted by:
Mark Tully

Click Here to Email Mark Tully   Find more posts by Mark Tully

I guess a list of what we want to do and an approximate schedule isn't a bad idea, but it would be really hard for us to stick to anything too specific so it will probably just be a list of features with vauge dates like 'next version', 'near future', 'sometime this year' etc. I think about it after these batch of changes are finished.

Cheers,

Mark

05-18-2003 12:20

Posted by:
No Frills

Click Here to Email No Frills   Find more posts by No Frills

Spores - coming soon(ish)....

Well, not a 'link to website' but a link to a preview piccy of a Work In Progress game called 'Spores'.

it's basically, a Worms clone.

The graphics are due to be changed, and more stuff littering the backdrop, but you'll get the general idea from the pic:

http://www.thedistillery.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/coming-soon.jpg

05-18-2003 12:51

Posted by:
matteo

Looks cool ;-)... though I don' t like worms much, cause it' s very static

05-18-2003 14:01

Posted by:
puffin

Click Here to Email puffin   Find more posts by puffin

does the ground change with explosions?

05-18-2003 14:45

Posted by:
No Frills

Spores.

Matteo: Yes, the worms are static ATM, but the graphics guy is busy redesigning all shiny new characters - completely different to the 1's currently used.

As with Worms 'proper' you can of course move the Spore/Worm about while it's your turn, and I've been promised some funky 'idle Worm' animations also, to avoid blandness.

Puffin: Well, ATM I've just got a rather crappy routine to blow holes in the picture, which I can turn on of off to 'test' if the Spores generate inside 'blackness' (which they do)

So, yeah it 'sort of' destroys the picture when an explosion occurs:

[code]

'draws some random explosions - purely to test worm placement etc
procedure draw_random_explosion_holes()
set random seed timer 'try to create totally random environments
'quick routine to draw beteen 15 and 25 'explosion' holes on the map
'gives more idea of where the worms will be places, and if the effect works
canvas 1
set pen colour black
for loop=1 to random(15,25)
tempw=random(100,120)
repeat
tempx=random(0,can_w-40)
tempy=random(0,viewport height(1)-80)
until (pixel colour(tempx,tempy)=0)
fill oval tempx,tempy to tempx+tempw,tempy+tempw
next loop
set pen colour white
canvas 0
'end of 'explosion' placement routine
end proc

[/code]

If some kind soul can tell me how to get the routine to NOT delete sky and only delete grass, I'd be most obliged :-)

05-18-2003 19:16

Posted by:
eLL

Click Here to Email eLL   Find more posts by eLL

'Blog

I'm interested in what you've already done similar to the chaanges/fixes/updates page...but kind of a running/ticker/diary deal.

Blog

05-19-2003 09:35

Posted by:
ERaZer

Click Here to Email ERaZer   Find more posts by ERaZer

NoFrills, you could perhaps have the sky on a diffrent canvas. Hmm, but then you'll have to scroll that to somehow... Or you could redraw the sky at the place where the explosion took place.

05-19-2003 10:55

Posted by:
No Frills

Can we move this to BEYOND BASIC please?

Quote:

NoFrills, you could perhaps have the sky on a diffrent canvas. Hmm, but then you'll have to scroll that to somehow... Or you could redraw the sky at the place where the explosion took place.

Endquote

Well, TNT doesn't support two Canvas (paralax) scrolling [I might be wrong here - am I?) I did have the sky on a seperate Canvas, then drew the background on top of it, but you still have the problem of 'redrawing' what was underneath the exploded circle.

I was actually just thinking of finding out the center point of the explosion and working out which shade of blue is used at that point, but it'd have to be done on a line by line 'edge detection' basis, and it'd be slow as hell I think.

BTW - Can any more replies to this game be moved to BEYOND BASIC please, I think Feedback is really for Feedback on TNT in general, and BEYOND BASIC would be more apporpriate. Thanks.