Map problems
< Last Thread     Next Thread >
Author
Thread        Post A Reply

04-30-2003 05:29

Posted by:
Freefall

Click Here to Email Freefall   Find more posts by Freefall

I have now got my game to a semi-advanced state, and the next thing I plan on doing is make some maps for it.
I have my current test map's Res ID as 500.
When I use the command "Load map 500" it crashes, telling me the resource doesn't exist.

Does anyone know what the problem is?

cheers, Sam.

04-30-2003 10:56

Posted by:
mark_667

Click Here to Email mark_667   Find more posts by mark_667

WOW! Considering the map resources start at 128, you must have a lot of levels. The error you're describing is probably caused by a corrupt picture file you're importing the map from.

Hope this is of some use,
Mark_667

04-30-2003 22:33

Posted by:
someone

Click Here to Email someone   Find more posts by someone

>>
I have now got my game to a semi-advanced state, and the next thing I plan on doing is make some maps for it.
I have my current test map's Res ID as 500.
When I use the command "Load map 500" it crashes, telling me the resource doesn't exist.
Does anyone know what the problem is?
>>

First of all, verify if you are really loading map 500. If you load an id contained in a variable, maybe print it to see you're using a valid id?

05-01-2003 01:41

Posted by:
Freefall

The reason its ID 500 is cause it used to be ID 128, and didnt work. I wondered if maybe it was because I also had sprites with ID 128, so I changed it to a totally un-used ID.
It doesn't use a variable to load the map, the code is just plain and simple "Load Map 500"

05-01-2003 06:12

Posted by:
Freefall

Ah OK, the map just for some reason hadnt saved what the tile pictures were, so giving me an error when it tried to load it.