Mod music
< Last Thread     Next Thread >
Author
Thread        Post A Reply

04-27-2003 20:13

Posted by:
someone

Click Here to Email someone   Find more posts by someone

I need some mod musics but I'm really not good at creating music. Is there anyone who would like to help me, even if you did only one or two mods?

04-27-2003 23:06

Posted by:
No Frills

Click Here to Email No Frills   Find more posts by No Frills

Talk about.... (pop music) ;-)

here you go mate,

more MOD music than you could ever HOPE 2 download, and all for free:

http://wuarchive.wustl.edu/~aminet/mods/index.html

The Aminet, an Amiga resource on the net has long been 'the home' of MOD music, being as the MOD format was created on the Amiga, you may need Stuff as most archives are in 'LHA' format.

Leave the LZX one's alone, I don't think the Mac can unpack those, oh - and theres a lot of MED music, which also the Mac can't play - so leave those too.

04-27-2003 23:36

Posted by:
someone

Thanks, really !!

04-27-2003 23:39

Posted by:
someone

Are these mods copyrighted? Can I use them?

04-28-2003 09:35

Posted by:
matteo

Click Here to Email matteo   Find more posts by matteo

I guess they are :(

If you did a song, would you leave it on the web with anybody that can get them, sell them and make money on them for free without even writing your name?
If you find the authors they will quite sure give you permission, all of those I asked were very happy, but it' s a struggle to find the authors :(

04-28-2003 18:06

Posted by:
No Frills

Click Here to Email No Frills   Find more posts by No Frills

Are These MODS copyright?

Well, technically you OWN the Copyright in everything you do, whether or not you actually put a (C) sign on it or not.

Most of the stuff on there is free, some is 'shareware' - the only problem you may really have is MOD's that use 'commerical' songs and rip samples from them etc.

So - lets say, you used a MOD in you game. And inside that MOD 3 samples had been ripped from 3 different commercially released artists - then you'd have to ask permission from the sample owners.

Still - there is tons, and tons of free MODS's on Aminet - just download a batch full, and see what takes your fancy.