< Last Thread     Next Thread >
Author
Thread        Post A Reply

04-23-2003 07:53

Posted by:
Machi

Click Here to Email Machi   Find more posts by Machi

Hi gang,

I've released Tinadel v1.0 for download. Tinadel is a brand new game programmed in TNT. I've been working on it since January and would be keen to get some informed feedback from the TNT fraternity.

The easiest way to download is to link through from my site

http://www.machisoft.com

Please have a look and let me know what you think, either through this forum or by email back to

contact@machisoft.com

If anyone out there actually downloaded and ran Migraine v1.051 then I wouldn't mind a bit of feedback about that too. Not many people seemed to understand that Migraine graphics, user interface and sound were SUPPOSED to be horrible. Doesn't anyone have a sense of humour anymore ?

Anyway - your feedback is invited.

04-23-2003 13:57

Posted by:
matteo

Click Here to Email matteo   Find more posts by matteo

Hey wow! I was waiting for Tinkadel!!!
I also played Migrain, of course I appreciate humor, new ideas and the fact that it' s so ugly, but keep in mind that average gamer is much less open minded than programmers: they' re actually the most close minded category in the world: so here is some usefull advice:

The music: you' re really kicking people away with that, me too ;-)

The flashy lights: horrible;-) Make them change tonality progressively if you can, or keep them of a fixed colour (changing per level)

Gameplay: I don' t like the fact that when I risk and manage to get a little gap between lights only a very small zone is covered. I' d like better if always the same zone was covered indipendently from the presence of the "flashy lights". I think this is important.

04-25-2003 08:29

Posted by:
eekaydee

Click Here to Email eekaydee   Find more posts by eekaydee

Hehehe

First of all, Migrane is cool! I like how you used the fade to color command. And how did you do the registering thing?

I found a very big bug in the game. If you hold down the mouse button without letting it go, you can drag the mouse anywhere and it will paint there, so the path doesn't erase if you go over a colored area. :D

04-25-2003 08:32

Posted by:
eekaydee

Click Here to Email eekaydee   Find more posts by eekaydee

I agree with matteo about the painting under the flashy stuff.

Did you mean for the tablet to fall annoyingly too? It bounces funny and it sometimes bounces out of the paint and I lose the asprin.

By the way, I like the life meter

04-25-2003 12:37

Posted by:
Machi

Click Here to Email Machi   Find more posts by Machi

Hi guys - thanks for the Migraine feedback. The game actually does get more difficult as you progress into later levels. Not only does the flashing grid chane progressively from a 2x2 matrix to a 10x10, but the glass gets further away horizontally from the aspirin. This means that you have to create a path that will make the aspirin bounce diagonally. The aspirin actually bounces off any black pixels that it hits unless it is going to fast and then it skips over them. Sometimes, because of the shape of the pattern at the side of the path, the aspirin will get stuck for a little while, but it should always free up eventually. The whole thing about having a number of lives is that sometimes the aspirin is never going to make it down the path. The flashing colours (please note my spelling) are dseigned to make it more difficult to focus upon the black windows. Hey, just between us, it only took me 10 days from start to finish, so I know it's knot a polished effort, but I am a little disappointed that the reception hasn't been a little better.

Has anyone played Tinadel yet ? I'm really keen to put it up on MacUpdate and VersionTracker, but I would like some frank and honest feedback from somebody outside the team before I post it on those sites.

Thanks,
Mark

04-25-2003 12:47

Posted by:
matteo

Click Here to Email matteo   Find more posts by matteo

I tried to download it twice but I think it got stalled :-(
I have a slow connection :-(