< Last Thread     Next Thread >
Author
Thread        Post A Reply

03-28-2003 07:16

Posted by:
Machi

Click Here to Email Machi   Find more posts by Machi

Major problem number 9989

I thought that everything was hunky dory with my registration routine.

My problem is that I am trying to read a text file that contains registration information and it would refuse to read more than the first 32 characters of the file because (it took me 45 minutes to work this out) it thinks that the file length is 32. This happens for every text file, regardless of name ...
... unless .txt is appended to the file name (4 hours to work this out), in which case everything works.

I haven't been able to find very much in the TNT doco about files anyway, but it would seem to me that this is a bug.

Whilst I now know how to get past this issue, there are about 1000 copies of the program out there that will never be able to register (those whose program will run anyway - see previous post) assuming that anyone will want to in the first place.

Please let me know whether this is a bug or whether I have in fact just made a mistake.

Running under OSX 10.2.4 - I haven't had the time nor the heart to find out what happens under OS 9

03-29-2003 08:10

Posted by:
Machi

Click Here to Email Machi   Find more posts by Machi

Okay - latest update.

A "built" program will in fact handle the text file differently - regardless of the name.

I have a program that exhibits the error described above whn run from within TNT, but a built version - running in the same directory etc under OS X 10.2.4 runs just fine.

Over to you - please

03-31-2003 21:13

Posted by:
Mark Tully

Click Here to Email Mark Tully   Find more posts by Mark Tully

Can you send me a simple example program demonstrating this bug?

Cheers,

Mark