Hieroglyph crashing
< Last Thread     Next Thread >
Author
Thread        Post A Reply

12-14-2001 20:56

Posted by:
Toxicgonzo

Click Here to Email Toxicgonzo   Find more posts by Toxicgonzo

Everytime I open up Hieroglyph it displays the help menu and then the mouse and my whole cpu freezes. Force quit does nothing and I have to restart.
I have carbon library 1.3.1. I have a 550 mhz, 128 ram cpu and its running OS 9.0.4. What's the problem?

12-16-2001 00:32

Posted by:
Mark Tully

Find more posts by Mark Tully

I've been looking into this problem with Toxicgonzo for the last week or so, but I haven't been able to reproduce it or get any nearer to figuring out why it's crashing.

Does this problem happen to anyone else?

Toxicgonzo, can you try running with extensions off?

Mark

12-18-2001 22:19

Posted by:
Toxicgonzo

Click Here to Email Toxicgonzo   Find more posts by Toxicgonzo

Extensions

I upgraded Carbon lib. to 1.4 and I tried running hierogylphs without extensions (at least I think. I held down shift during start up) and yet it still crashed.

12-18-2001 22:52

Posted by:
Mark Tully

Find more posts by Mark Tully

???

I can't get this to happen on my machine. Is it possible that your copy of Hieroglyph has become corrupted? Try re-downloading and re-installing maybe?

If that doesn't work, try giving it more memory, although I'm almost certain that won't be the problem.

It doesn't seem to be a wide spread problem but more something specific to your setup, but I'm not sure exactly what.

According to our previous discussions, it makes no difference if you disable extensions, or if you disable all of Hieroglyph's plug ins. This means Hieroglyph is crashing before it's even got going, I've read and re-read that code and I can't see anything that could be making your machine crash.

There will be a new version of Hieroglyph and TNT Basic out soon, although they won't address your problem directly, you could try them and see what happens...

I'm not really sure what else to suggest!

Mark