RPG
< Last Thread     Next Thread >
Author
Thread        Post A Reply

03-11-2003 00:05

Posted by:
eekaydee

Click Here to Email eekaydee   Find more posts by eekaydee

Hey everybody. I'm in the process of making an RPG (in TNT of course), which is going along slowly, as no one else seems to have made one or posted their code. I was wondering if anyone also in the process of making an RPG wanted to share ideas. So far in my project, the player can move around and talk to people, but I haven't made a way to load text. I was thinking maybe to put the text in a separate file for each map; got any better ideas?

By the way, if someone has made one already, please contribute back to the developing community! :D

03-12-2003 12:56

Posted by:
ERaZer

Click Here to Email ERaZer   Find more posts by ERaZer

Yeah, its a pity that TNT basic doesn't support variables to the objects in the level editor(so that you could add a as string to the NPC), becouse I stopped develop my RPG when I found out. And I've stopped making my shooter(becouse I need to make a diffrent object for every AI and every enemy I have which makes it difficult to have any sense of knowing what you are doing in the level editor). Yes, there are other solutions but they are all pretty bulky and none solve the "have alot of objects" problem.

03-13-2003 10:56

Posted by:
mark_667

Click Here to Email mark_667   Find more posts by mark_667

Objects

I need to make a diffrent object for every AI
End Quote

Is it possible to alter object properties for different game items on-screen (in the code) and then put them in a different place on the map layer instead of using lots of different ones? Or is it like Erazer said above having to make lots of different ones with slightly different properties?

03-14-2003 01:52

Posted by:
eekaydee

Click Here to Email eekaydee   Find more posts by eekaydee

What properties? The only properties you can give objects are color and type number, right? Your code has to handle any properties you want to give the objects.