Nice ad-free website hosting
< Last Thread     Next Thread >
Author
Thread        Post A Reply

03-06-2003 23:49

Posted by:
Mike

Click Here to Email Mike   Find more posts by Mike

If you want some nice ad-free website hosting for your TNT Basic games (must be freeware) then you could sign up for MacSpace. You get 12MB of space and 4GB of monthly bandwidth, plus your very own cgi-bin with Perl and PHP support, as well as SSI support. And, if you go over your space limit, I will generally give you an expansion for free.

http://www.silvernetwork.net/macspace/

03-07-2003 12:56

Posted by:
macfixation

Click Here to Email macfixation   Find more posts by macfixation

While we're on the subject of hosting, my site, www.macfixation.com, will link to your downloads. All you need to do is submit the link, and I verify it and add it. If you don't have hosting and/or just want a place for your games and not a website, I will in some cases host files.

The goal of macfixation is to be a large Macintosh shareware games community, a forum is already implemented and the whole site skeleton is online, just needs content. If you want to write for Macfixation send me an email.

admin at macfixation dot com or adin at macfixation dot com

http://www.macfixation.com

03-07-2003 23:55

Posted by:
Holmes

Click Here to Email Holmes   Find more posts by Holmes

Thanks a bunch, I've signed up. I want very much to get off .Mac because its costing me money and can't do CGI, which, being a C programmer, would be quite valuable to me.

03-09-2003 23:12

Posted by:
Machi

Click Here to Email Machi   Find more posts by Machi

Hi - good luck with your site. Your post here spoke of the site as relating to shareware, but the site describes itself as a freeware source.

Are you only looking at freeware ?

Regards,
Mark

03-09-2003 23:16

Posted by:
Machi

Click Here to Email Machi   Find more posts by Machi

... my previous post was regarding Macfixation, not Mike's original post.

Thanks

03-11-2003 13:09

Posted by:
macfixation

Click Here to Email macfixation   Find more posts by macfixation

Shareware vs. Freeware

I'm looking at shareware as a free game with an option to donate or "register", but preferably the game should be completely open to be listed on my site.However, depending on some qualities, I may allow some shareware to use locked features and still be listed on my site.

i need help for it to grow, so start submitting if you are a developer. Thanks.

-russ c.