forums

TNT Basic Forums > Beyond Basic
Congratulations to Danlab Games and Holmes Futrell!
< Last Thread     Next Thread >
Author
Thread        Post A Reply

02-05-2003 02:28

Posted by:
Ashlin Aronin

Click Here to Email Ashlin Aronin   Find more posts by Ashlin Aronin

I recieved this month's copy of the magazine MacAddict today. Two of Danlab Games' games, Creepy Mines and Froggy's Song, and Holmes Futrell's Raptor are featured on the CD it comes with. Congratulations to Danlab and Holmes for putting out great games!

02-05-2003 18:49

Posted by:
Holmes

Click Here to Email Holmes   Find more posts by Holmes

Yay!

So those guys at Macaddict finally put my game on (they'd contact me months ago)! Thats awesome!

I'll talk to Danlab online and mention this to him as well.

-Holmes

02-06-2003 02:51

Posted by:
matteo

Click Here to Email matteo   Find more posts by matteo

Congrats to both! (and to Mr. Mark Tully!)

02-06-2003 11:37

Posted by:
Danlab games

Click Here to Email Danlab games   Find more posts by Danlab games

hurraaa HURRAAA H U R R A A A A

;-)

02-07-2003 18:24

Posted by:
Danlab games

can any body send me a scan of the issue ?

02-07-2003 23:21

Posted by:
Toast

Click Here to Email Toast   Find more posts by Toast

What month?

I scoured the February copy of MacAddict and couldn't find those games anywhere. On the CD or elsewhere. What month issue are you talking about?

02-08-2003 02:39

Posted by:
Jason Anderson

Click Here to Email Jason Anderson   Find more posts by Jason Anderson

March.. You know.. the issue everyone at the MacAddict Forum is talking about how they screwed most of us by not putting covers on the CD's to SAVE $0.06 per CD!

Oh, Congrats. But when I tried to run the version of Creepy Mines off the CD (I copied it to my iMac first of course) it wouldn't run. It faded to black and stayed that way for a long time until I force quit it.

The one I downloaded from the site worked much better.

02-08-2003 22:40

Posted by:
Mark Tully

Click Here to Email Mark Tully   Find more posts by Mark Tully

Quicktime 6.1 ... again

Yeah, this would have been the QuickTime 6.1 screwing TNT Basic 1.11 and under up, the newer creepy mines was built with TNT Basic 1.12 which has a work around for this issue.

Shame MacAddict didn't download the latest version before publishing their CD :(

Mark

02-08-2003 23:07

Posted by:
Holmes

Click Here to Email Holmes   Find more posts by Holmes

Yeah, I've been getting a TON of email about the black screen of death bug from people who installed from MacAddict. New version of Raptor can be found here, btw:

http://solidmag.vze.com/raptor/raptor1.0.2.sit

Anyway, it was still a positive experience.

02-09-2003 17:23

Posted by:
Danlab games

this is not good for us..

=-O

02-09-2003 17:51

Posted by:
Mark Tully

Click Here to Email Mark Tully   Find more posts by Mark Tully

It's not just us

Many commercial games have been struck by the quicktime 6.1 update, some of them would have just have hit the shelves when apple released quicktime 6.1 and disabled their game - imagine how that would make those companies look!

It's a shame that apple didn't think through the implications of the quicktime 6.1 update more carefully.

For those that don't know what happened, apple changed the window priority for the quicktime 6.1 blanking window to be the highest priority window in the system. Meaning it was impossible for other windows to go infront of it, including the force quit window, the dock, and the game's windows. So all games that were using quicktime to blank the screen had to release an update that undid apple's change and made their game playable again.

I believe the reason apple would have done this would be so that quicktime would be better for presentations as they can guarantee that no windows will be showing up over the blanking window -- but i think it would have been better for them to make these fixes in the DVD Player, or QuickTime Player or whatever, rather than making it in quicktime and causing problems with gamers world wide - but making it look like it was our fault!

Anyway, at least it was quick to fix, it was only about a week from first case until TNT Basic 1.12 was released.

Mark