GET MY NEW GAME!
< Last Thread     Next Thread >
Author
Thread        Post A Reply

02-02-2003 23:01

Posted by:
matteo

Click Here to Email matteo   Find more posts by matteo

MY GAME IS FINISHED!! AND YOU CAN FIND IT ON THE WEB at http://www.danlabgames.com/radicalrebound/

(Thanks to Dan for hosting!)

Go get it, it' s worth it!
And please gimme some feedback!
Matteo

02-03-2003 03:23

Posted by:
Ashlin Aronin

Click Here to Email Ashlin Aronin   Find more posts by Ashlin Aronin

Cool game! The chicken blowing up at the beginning sets the mood beautifully. haven't explored all the options yet, but will do! its nice that its not just a regular old shooter, it's unique flair and concept make it stand out. How many lines of code? and how long did you spend making it?

02-03-2003 10:25

Posted by:
matteo

That' s 1200 lines.

How much time is a difficult question: because you always have some parts you don' t know how to do and must figure out and so...

The engine took me say 50 hours
To polish,change stuff and put the options 80 hours?

Now I could rewrite it in 40, maybe less

But that' s maybe quite wrong.

So I think you should just think :It' s only 1200 lines
That' s for sure.

The problem in telling how much time you put is that at the beginning you can write say 50 lines per hour, but then you have to get ideas, so you maybe think (and play :-) for an hour to add 2 lines... that does count as time?

Be sure to check all the options, it makes it much more fun

Matteo

02-05-2003 18:53

Posted by:
Holmes

Click Here to Email Holmes   Find more posts by Holmes

"GET MY NEW GAME"

You don't have to command me...I already got it through your email :)

Anyhow, its a great game. I was surprised by its originality. Good gameplay as well. Something I'd suggest though, is to use TNT's button functions rather than pressing keys on the keyboard.

02-06-2003 02:41

Posted by:
matteo

chickenfryer@libero.it

Thank you for the good remarks!!
I finally tried it in 4 yesterday, it was nice! Cant find many games that work well in 4... the luck is that each player presses max one key, so you can play in 4. Infact, if you press more than 4 keys at a time, I think the Mac does not read them all...

Yeah, the next version will use buttons, good idea
I will also (maybe) make the collision between your spaceship and enemy fire manually.

Of course for this game I must thank TNT, I learned 3/4 the coding I know on it.

I think to learn how to make this stuff in C would be much more difficult and long... I think it' s nice to have fast results, at least at the beginning of one's game programming adventure.

Holmes, how are you progressing with the learning of the "serious" stuff, C and open GL?

I think I' ll stay to TNT for now, I still like it much. I ' m making a pseudo-3D engine, already looks good.

03-06-2003 22:39

Posted by:
Mike

Click Here to Email Mike   Find more posts by Mike

Please submit to the GMG

Please submit a press release for your game to the GMG. That way I can add it to the downloads area too. The GMG will get you lots of hits for your game. We're located at http://www.silvernetwork.net/~gmg/

Don't forget to visit our TNT Basic message board too, at http://www.silvernetwork.net/~gmg/forums/

Thanks!

03-07-2003 13:02

Posted by:
matteo

Sorry, you' ll have to wait: I realized I should not have released the stuff so early, there are just too many things I should have put in it before releasing it...

So, for now, I' m not bothering to update it or put it anywhere untill I finish it (that could take long)

cheers

Matteo