forums

TNT Basic Forums > Programming Q&A
looking to trade Graphic work for physics coding...
< Last Thread     Next Thread >
Author
Thread        Post A Reply

01-22-2003 22:28

Posted by:
t-maaz

Click Here to Email t-maaz   Find more posts by t-maaz

Hey all...

It is becoming more and more apparent that I, with my high-school algebra level education, just can not do the physics coding the way I need it done.

So, with this conclusion in mind, I have come up with a "barter system" idea. The thing I do (and do really well) is graphics. So therefore, I am looking for someone who would be willing to work on a trade-only basis, swapping our experience to help one another out:

What I can offer:
I am a 12-year veteran of the graphic design field, working with anything from flat design to 3D work. I have won national awards for my design work with a major advertising firm. I design logos, icons, terrains, backgrounds, etc. The work that I am willing to do is only limited by your imagination: I can design/conceptualize splash screens, screen saver images, game graphics, desktops, sprites, etc. I can offer dedication to the project, working via phone, e-mail and messenger to get the project completed within your deadline.

What I need from you:
High-level experience, coding physics in TNT Basic. I am looking for complex collision physics, including Static-Dynamic collision, and Dynamic-Dynamic collision - not just straight-on reverse velocity (that looks hokey, and I can do that) - I need precision, realistic gravity and collisions between multiple spherical sprites and walls, and the reactional collisions that are caused from that. (Imagine coding a billiards game - I need that kind of precision... the kind that would allow a player to make a "bank shot" for example, by hitting another ball off-center, and having the angles and reactions be 'real world' correct.) Included needs will be a variable velocity, variable friction, and variable gravity (all these items will need to be available for alteration, depending on the game level/preferences.) Code MUST BE VERY CLEAR AND CONCISE... I need definitive callouts, notations and tags. I need your dedication to the project, working via phone, e-mail and messenger to get the project completed within my deadline.

The result:
The two of us both get killer games to release to the world! I would fully expect that we will credit each other in the games, respectively, within the "About" or "Credits" section. I will also need you to sign (and I will do the same) a confidentiality agreement, that neither of us will talk about the other person's project to ANYONE, until it has been publicly released.

If you have the abilities I am looking for, and are in need of what I have to offer, please contact me via e-mail.

Sincerely,

T-Maaz
tmaaz@yahoo.com

02-05-2003 00:53

Posted by:
Machi

Click Here to Email Machi   Find more posts by Machi

Hi - I left this for a while to see if anyone else responded first.

Email me on machisoft@yahoo.com.au and we'll see what we can work out.

Mark

03-17-2003 22:27

Posted by:
puffin

Click Here to Email puffin   Find more posts by puffin

start over

if you have problems with physics then try redesigning your game. if your too ambitious you will never finish. come up with a simple and elegant game design that you could realistically do. your game will probably be better for it anyway.