Import MIDI music
< Last Thread     Next Thread >
Author
Thread        Post A Reply

01-19-2003 14:27

Posted by:
matteo

Click Here to Email matteo   Find more posts by matteo

I noticed that the TNT midi player is quite poorer than the quicktime one, although it says "use quicktime instruments". Maybe the MAD player is better?
Anyway, the "number of tracks" is the number of instruments?

01-20-2003 17:35

Posted by:
matteo

Another thing about music

It seems TNT gets slower just for having loaded music, even though he is not playing it. I would like, if my game user says "no music", that he could get the same speed as if the music was not loaded. It seems that if you then load a void music it gets fast again, but I' d like a command "Unload Music", to avoid this stuff.
Just if you have time... (wich you don' t :-)

01-20-2003 21:02

Posted by:
Mark Tully

Click Here to Email Mark Tully   Find more posts by Mark Tully

It should run the same speed regardless of whether the music is loaded or not - the speed should only decrease if you start playing the music.

Are you sure you just didn't happen to be running more applications in the background in the case when you had the music loaded? Mac OS X is a cunning devil, it's hard to get fair speed comparisons when the OS is doing so much behind the scenes.

Cheers,

Mark

01-20-2003 21:07

Posted by:
matteo

No Sir!

No, it' s just as I told you: Anyway I' m on 9, and I never keep other stuff open: Just for having it loaded it slows, then if you play it it slows more. Loading a silent file and stopping music recovers the speed.

01-22-2003 20:49

Posted by:
Mark Tully

Click Here to Email Mark Tully   Find more posts by Mark Tully

That's odd

Ok I'll look into it, thanks for the report!

I'll look into using qt for midi playback as well, as nobody seems to like the madlib playback!

Cheers,

Mark

01-24-2003 21:24

Posted by:
matteo

good idea

yeah, I just got some midis I had the license to use, but they were imported terribly also with the max number of tracks!
Also it' s quite crazy that a midi becomes 500K!

I only hope that it will slow TNT less than Mp3' s (that often have annoying pauses on Mac Os 9).