Print code w/line numbers?
< Last Thread     Next Thread >
Author
Thread        Post A Reply

01-01-2003 14:34

Posted by:
Toast

Click Here to Email Toast   Find more posts by Toast

I would like to print out my code with line numbers. How do you do that?

01-02-2003 17:51

Posted by:
Mark Tully

Click Here to Email Mark Tully   Find more posts by Mark Tully

Line nos

I'm afraid you can't do that at the moment, I'll put it on our todo list.

Mark

01-02-2003 19:49

Posted by:
Toast

Print Line Numbers

I was afraid you would say that. So, I did a work around.

If you don't need a color print out just copy and paste the code into colomn B1 of an Appleworks spreadsheet. All the indentation is still intact. In column A1 cell A1 type the number one. Then highlite the column to the end of you code and do a fill special from the calculate menu. Increment by one. You may have to landscape you pages to get it wide enough to print.

Now then, if you want a color print out:

Open Microsoft Word and paste your code into a Word document. Notice the colors and indents are intact. Now save it as a webpage. Yes, a webpage. Close the word document, and OPEN the webpage in Microsoft Excel. Colors and indents are all intact. Select all and do a copy. Close the Excell document and open a new blank Excel doucument and select Column B1 and past your copy back into Excel. You may have to add a few more columns before you paste. Now do your fill series with your numbers in colomn A1 OK,you're ready to print it in color.

Works for me.

01-02-2003 21:54

Posted by:
Toast

REVISDE: color print out:

Open Microsoft Word and paste your code into a Word document. Notice the colors and indents are intact. Now save it as a webpage. Yes, a webpage. Close the word document, and OPEN the webpage in Microsoft Excel. Colors and indents are all intact.

REVISED part:
Click in cell A1 and choose insert cell from the menu. In the dialog box that appears choose thewhole column radio button. A new column will appear.

To do a fill series type the number one in cell A1 and the number two in cell A2.
Highlite the two cells (A1 A2) and grab the bottom right corner of the two cells and drag to the end of your code. If you stop dragging and let go, just grab the corner again and drag further.

The great thing about Excel is, that even if your width is not as wide as the original hierglyphic cut and paste, the overlapping line wrap still only counts as one line number.
So, the line numbers match what you see at the bottonm of the hieroglyph code sheet.

PS: The above method also works but this is fewer motions with the same results.
Have a blessed New Year