Colored object DOTS?
< Last Thread     Next Thread >
Author
Thread        Post A Reply

12-14-2002 14:38

Posted by:
Toast

Click Here to Email Toast   Find more posts by Toast

Thanks for the great tutorial on collision, but I'm new to TNT and would like some explanation for the object editor under the maps tab. How do you get the dots to represent an object? I changed the color of the dot and the object was still the same object. I changed the name and the object was still the same object. Those are the only two optins when you create a DOT. I can't quite get the connection as to what the dots mean and how to use them.

12-14-2002 19:19

Posted by:
eLL

Click Here to Email eLL   Find more posts by eLL

The dots

the dots are stand ins, that represent other objects, they are for your reference only.
when the game runs that is the only time the spheres will be substituted for there counterParts.

12-15-2002 03:43

Posted by:
jamie

Click Here to Email jamie   Find more posts by jamie

dots

That's exactly right, in the collision tutorial I should have removed all the dots except the red 'character' one. I am going to do that and re-stuff the file.

It's not the color of the dot, but the index number that is important. In the code of the tutorial at lines 221-223 is where the dot is swapped out for the correct sprite. the if...then leads to the spawnplayer procedure that actually swaps out the dot for the penguin sprite.