< Last Thread     Next Thread >
Author
Thread        Post A Reply

11-17-2002 09:19

Posted by:
Heiko Hartmann

Click Here to Email Heiko Hartmann   Find more posts by Heiko Hartmann

Hi!

Is it possible that either TNT Basic or Hieroglyph are changing the monitor profile?
I'm using Mac OS X 10.2.2 and when I run a sample program the monitor profile seems to be changed (the color calibration looks way off). As soon as I switch to the Finder the colors are getting normal again.

Ciao, Heiko.

11-17-2002 18:10

Posted by:
Holmes

Click Here to Email Holmes   Find more posts by Holmes

same here, sort of...

This happens to me too, but not in 10.2.1, only in classic. In 10.2 black backgrounds are black, and blend seemlessly with the black bars on the sides of my display (widescreen). In OS9, the black background is sortoff brownish.

11-19-2002 21:29

Posted by:
Mark Tully

Find more posts by Mark Tully

TNT Basic doesn't mess with profiles at all.

Is there a different profile for each monitor resolution like there are different monitor stretch values and pin cushion values? Try switching res in the finder, configuring the profile, then switching back and running your game.

Don't know if this will help or not?!

Mark

12-19-2002 04:33

Posted by:
Machi

Click Here to Email Machi   Find more posts by Machi

Interestingly I've noticed that when I set to graphics mode 1024,768 that the first (and worst) of the available resolutions is set - ie 60hz. The normal mode for my monitor is 85hz. I haven't researched the other graphics settings, but I would assume that the same will happen for other resolutions.

12-24-2002 08:28

Posted by:
Mark Tully

Click Here to Email Mark Tully   Find more posts by Mark Tully

Resolutions

Hmm... TNT Basic actually doesn't care what refresh rate it chooses, it just goes off the width/height and depth. We should probably change it to prefer higher scan rates... whoops...

Thanks for reporting that,

Mark

01-26-2003 23:00

Posted by:
Mark Tully

Click Here to Email Mark Tully   Find more posts by Mark Tully

Fixed in 1.12

TNT Basic now picks the highest scan rate if two resolutions are available for a given request.

I think the calibration problems will be resolved if you use the Mac's monitors control panel to configure the resolution the game is using, it's probably just that the mac will have a different calibration saved for each resolution.

Cheers,

Mark