GMG Downloads
< Last Thread     Next Thread >
Author
Thread        Post A Reply

10-17-2002 17:42

Posted by:
GMG

Click Here to Email GMG   Find more posts by GMG

TNT Basic users, please don't forget to submit your games to the GMG Downloads area!

http://www.silvernetwork.net/~gmg/downloads/

Don't forget to visit the rest of the GMG too, including our forums.

http://www.silvernetwork.net/~gmg/

10-17-2002 19:51

Posted by:
GreySnake59

Click Here to Email GreySnake59   Find more posts by GreySnake59

yeah

We know about the GMG. There are no TNT Basic users that visit there and it has almost no support for TNT basic.

10-18-2002 01:50

Posted by:
GMG

Find more posts by GMG

>There are no TNT Basic users that visit there

That's why I posted here.

>We know about the GMG.

You obviously must not, if none of you all visit there.

>and it has almost no support for TNT basic.

TNT Basic is a great language and it's just as supported as GameMaker or HyperCard. We don't have specific forums for TNT Basic because we feel these forums are adequate. But we want to have a large TNT Basic downloads library, so please submit your games.

10-20-2002 11:41

Posted by:

Find more posts by

>>We know about the GMG.
>You obviously must not, if none of you all visit there.

Why would we visit there when we have TNT Basic Online (www.tntbasic.com) and TNT Basic Central (www.arcaneware.com/tnt)?

10-22-2002 14:20

Posted by:
GMG

Find more posts by GMG

>Why would we visit there when we have
>TNT Basic Online (www.tntbasic.com) and
>TNT Basic Central (www.arcaneware.com/tnt)?

Because the GMG is an established site that gets a few thousand visitors every month. By posting your game to our downloads area and sending us your game press releases you can get many more downloads of your game.

We also have a TNT Basic Games downloads library that other sites just probably copy from ;)

The official TNT Basic site doesn't have any 3rd party game downloads either.

11-07-2002 18:35

Posted by:
russ

Find more posts by russ

well, the GMG isn't as popular as oh, say VERSIONTRACKER! which i can submit to just fine.

and download.com

oh, and don't forget one person could be visiting 50-100 times a month, so 10-20 people? nah.

11-07-2002 18:38

Posted by:
russ

Find more posts by russ

well, the GMG isn't as popular as oh, say VERSIONTRACKER! which i can submit to just fine.

and download.com

oh, and don't forget one person could be visiting 50-100 times a month, so 10-20 people? nah.

11-07-2002 20:13

Posted by:
jamie

Find more posts by jamie

Doesn't download.com charge developers now?

I thought I heard they did...

11-07-2002 20:33

Posted by:
eLL

Click Here to Email eLL   Find more posts by eLL

Yes you heard right

Yes CNet Download.com zd etc charges $99 per submission and on top of that they suck and ask you to subscribe/log in to download files older than 4 years.
along side that version tracker is better, and when it comes to mac games, mac game files is very slick.

the GMG gets limited attention but when your going for massive exposure you could care less about the 20 sum locals they have, when even the crappiest game can score 300 downloads the first 8 hours on a dedicated site, unless of course its made in GM or SC in which case it should probably remain underground.

11-08-2002 16:52

Posted by:
russ

Find more posts by russ

versiontracker==free

11-08-2002 20:10

Posted by:
GreySnake59

Click Here to Email GreySnake59   Find more posts by GreySnake59

hmm

> We also have a TNT Basic Games downloads library that other sites just probably copy from ;)

All of the new downloads on the GMG (raptor,penguin power and others) for TNT Basic have been stolen directly from TNT Central. SAD.

11-09-2002 03:10

Posted by:
jamie

Find more posts by jamie

I have to say im SHOCKED to see Penguin Power there, it's just beta at this point! Yikes!