< Last Thread     Next Thread >
Author
Thread        Post A Reply

10-10-2002 23:04

Posted by:
Mark Tully

Find more posts by Mark Tully

Hi all,

Just a quick note to say that TNT Basic 1.11 is available for download in the downloads section now. This version is just bug fixes and has no new features/commands.

TNT Basic 1.11 fixes the infamous flickering sprites bug that was affecting some users under Mac OS X 10.2.

Also fixed are:
* Unload images crash when buttons existed using images from the bank being unloaded
* Hardware graphics mode sprite collision detection bug
* Other small fixes

If you already have TNT Basic 1.1, you only need to download the TNT Basic 1.11 application.

If you do not have TNT Basic 1.1, you should download the entire TNT Baic 1.11 archive.

Thanks and enjoy TNT Basic!

Mark

10-11-2002 00:02

Posted by:
James Rhodes

Click Here to Email James Rhodes   Find more posts by James Rhodes

TNT Basic 1.11

Hi Mark,

Can you please add functions to TNT Basic? I need this capability for my programming... IMHO this should be the number one priority addition to the program. :)

Keep up the great work!

10-11-2002 08:44

Posted by:
Mark Tully

Find more posts by Mark Tully

Functions

They are a pretty high priority, but are not easily added due to the current architecture of TNT Basic's interpreter. Basically it can't currently support non-terminating expressions, so commands like a=b should always work, but if b was a user defined function that went into an infinite loop, it wouldn't always terminate and so would halt the interpreter. We'd have to change the interpreter so it could deal with this properly. We know what needs to be done but it's not a 2 minute job.

You can return values from procedures as I'm sure you know, eg:

procedure A(int b)
b=b*2
end proc(b)

A(5)
print result int

Thanks

Mark