maps
< Last Thread     Next Thread >
Author
Thread        Post A Reply

06-29-2002 12:51

Posted by:
Mark

Click Here to Email Mark   Find more posts by Mark

Can programs such as the shareware RPGMapMaker be used to make maps that can be imported into a TNT Basic program? If not can pictures be used, as I am having fun making colours, etc.

07-01-2002 02:00

Posted by:
Mark Tully

Find more posts by Mark Tully

Maps

Hi Mark,

You can replace the tiles that maps are drawn with with any picture you like. Just import a picture into your TNT Basic project with the 'Create new Picture...' menu command, then choose 'Set Map Tiles...' from the Genesis menu while editing your map.

If you want to just use a big picture instead, you can just import it into your project and use the 'Draw Picture' command to draw it as your backdrop.

Does this answer your question or did you mean something else?

Good luck!

Mark

07-01-2002 17:08

Posted by:
Mark

Click Here to Email Mark   Find more posts by Mark

Thanks for the tip, but the problem was that I was finding the maps hard to draw in the first place. Why can't it be more like a simple paint program?!

07-03-2002 21:25

Posted by:
Mark Tully

Paint Program

Ahh.. do you mean actually drawing the individual tiles then rather than painting the tiles onto the map in the map editor?

The reason we don't have a graphics editor for tiles and sprites is because there are plenty of good ones out there already; we instead decided to concentrate on improving TNT Basic in other ways, and leave the graphics programs to the people who are doing it full time. (eg GraphicConvertor or numerous other shareware/freeware products).

If you mean the map editor is difficult to use then please tell us how to make it better - we welcome all suggestions!

Thanks for the feedback!

Mark

07-07-2002 11:30

Posted by:
GreySnake59

Click Here to Email GreySnake59   Find more posts by GreySnake59

Dots...

I realized it shows little color dots instead of the actual graphics which is confusing when trying to line things up. If it showed the actual picture it would be easier to make a level because you aren't just looking at dots.

07-07-2002 11:31

Posted by:
GreySnake59

Click Here to Email GreySnake59   Find more posts by GreySnake59

B.T.W.

Oh, and my name is Mark too!

I guess this is a Mark topic.

07-07-2002 15:12

Posted by:
Mark Tully

???

Err... Genesis does show the actual graphics? No?

Mark

07-07-2002 22:47

Posted by:
ERaZer

Find more posts by ERaZer

He means the objects...