Flashing Sprites
< Last Thread     Next Thread >
Author
Thread        Post A Reply

05-25-2002 21:36

Posted by:
Zach

Click Here to Email Zach   Find more posts by Zach

I dunno if anyone pointed this out yet, but in osx, sprites flash like crazy when they are moved... im thinking of making a few games in tnt-basic instead of just using cocoa simply because its a lot less trouble, tnt basic looks really good from what ive seen, but this flashing makes everything completely unplayable.....
hopefully youll be able to fix this.. thanks

05-27-2002 09:15

Posted by:
John Treece-Birch

Find more posts by John Treece-Birch

Flashing Sprites

I run TNT Basic under OS X and I've not noticed any flashing sprites. I'm not sure, but I don't think anyone else has reported this either. What version of OS X are you running? Does it flash sprites on all programs?

Thanks,
John

05-27-2002 17:24

Posted by:
Zach

hmm

im running 10.1.4
every program that runs sprites flashes.. beans, bouncing splats, everything. regular drawing doesnt flash (tron works fine), but everything else flashes... maybe its some bizzare side effect of me running multiple monitors??

05-27-2002 17:27

Posted by:
Zach

it was mentioned actually..

i just found this thread in bugs
http://www.tntbasic.com/community/forums/showthread.php?threadid=220

06-05-2002 22:19

Posted by:
Mark Tully

Find more posts by Mark Tully

Flashing sprites...

Hi Zach,

We're trying to look into this, but it doesn't happen on any of the machines we have access to. As you've pointed out, it doesn't happen under OS 9 either, so it appears to be a conflict between TNT Basic, OS X and certain video cards.

We got some ideas to try, and a new version of TNT Basic in the pipeline. Although this version may not fix the problems, once it's out of the way we'll look into fixing the flickering and getting you a good solid version of TNT Basic running.

Sorry about this, thanks for your patience.

Mark

09-28-2002 18:02

Posted by:
Jeremy

Find more posts by Jeremy

Flashing like crazy

I don't know if anyone is still reading this particular thread, but I would just like to add that I'm running TNT basic on a new iMac G4 with a Gforce2, and sprites flash like mad. Only on certain portions of the map, however... (at least in the game I'm programming).

In several of the demos they do this as well, the Tetris-like one for example, flashes so much its unplayable.

I'm under OS X 10.2.1

09-29-2002 10:08

Posted by:
Mark Tully

Find more posts by Mark Tully

Flashing sprites

Just fixed this one, expect a patch real soon.

Mark

10-10-2002 22:44

Posted by:
mark@tntbasicc.om

Find more posts by mark@tntbasicc.om

Fixed!

This bug is fixed in TNT Basic 1.11, available for download now in the downloads section.

Thanks,

Mark