< Last Thread     Next Thread >
Author
Thread        Post A Reply

05-02-2002 11:19

Posted by:
Heiko Hartmann

Click Here to Email Heiko Hartmann   Find more posts by Heiko Hartmann

Hello,

has anybody any experience to share regarding the addition of new fonts to a TNT program?
Since I do not want to add them to the system folder with an installation program I thought about adding them via ResEdit to the TNT build.

Does anybody know how this works? Do I have to add a 'FOND' resource to the build? How do I get the font into this resource with ResEdit?

Thanks in advance,
Heiko.

05-04-2002 07:45

Posted by:
Heiko Hartmann

Click Here to Email Heiko Hartmann   Find more posts by Heiko Hartmann

...and here is the answer :-)

Well, I figured it out myself. Here is how it works:

First, if you have a Windows TrueType font you have to convert it to the Mac format. I recommend to use TTConverter (http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Way/4789/) for this job. It's a $10 Shareware and works fine. The result of this conversion is a Mac Font case.

In order to use the Font in 'Interpreter'-Mode you then have to drop it on your system folder.

When you are doing a 'Standalone'-build of your game you have to add the font to the resulting program with ResEdit. Do the following:
1. Open the Font and your game build with ResEdit.
2. Select the 'FOND' and the 'sfnt' resource in the font resources window.
3. Copy them to the clipboard.
4. Then select the game resources window and paste the clipboard.
5. Save.

If you don't know the name of a font (which must be used in TNT Basic to select it) open the font in ResEdit and then double-click on the 'FOND' resource. You will get a list with the resource ID and name.

Have fun,
Heiko.