perhaps another crashing bug
< Last Thread     Next Thread >
Author
Thread        Post A Reply

12-10-2001 03:05

Posted by:
Jase

Click Here to Email Jase   Find more posts by Jase

Sometimes when i run a tnt basic program, tnt basic quits ad then hieroglyph freezes. I can always force quit it without a complete crash though.

Would this have anything to do with something wrong i've written in the code or is this a bug?

12-10-2001 09:09

Posted by:
Mark Tully

Find more posts by Mark Tully

Hmmm...

Hi Jase,

Could you give me a bit of information on your setup and we'll try and reproduce that crash on our machines and fix it.

What OS are you running?
What do you have to do to make it crash? (e.g. "I open Beans in Hieroglyph, choose run and it crashes afterwards 9 times out of 10", or "I drop my own game on TNT Basic and it sometimes crashes").

Send us any other information you think might be relevant. We hate bugs and want this one killed as soon as possible.

Cheers

Mark

12-10-2001 09:11

Posted by:
Mark Tully

And another thing...

Sorry meant to address your last question; no, it's nothing wrong with your code, TNT Basic should not crash no matter what your code is like.

If it crashes it's our bad!

(Unfortunately...)

12-10-2001 23:24

Posted by:
Jase

Click Here to Email Jase   Find more posts by Jase

okay then

I've got Mac Os 9 on a 400 mhtz iMac and when i run a program i wrote (or was trying to) i choose run from the menu (from Hieroglyph) and then tnt basic opens then quits, and the tnt menu stays highlighted while hieroglyph freezes (but the mouse still moves). The only way i can get out of it is to force quit. I'll email the file to you.

12-11-2001 00:15

Posted by:
Mark Tully

Fixed

Cheers Jase, I've fixed it now.

It happens under certain conditions if you have an error in your code. The new version correctly highlights your error (instead of crashing - much better :) ), we'll release it shortly.

FYI, your compile error was that canvasx and canvasy are used on lines 1 and 2, but are not declared until afterwards. You must declare them first, move them above lines 1/2.

Hope this helps!