Some kindly helpful GUI suggestions..
< Last Thread     Next Thread >
Author
Thread        Post A Reply

04-19-2002 17:59

Posted by:
Jasoco

Click Here to Email Jasoco   Find more posts by Jasoco

The program's great, but there are just a lot of little quirks with the application's GUI.

We need a lot more easy use features.

I notice there are no Preferences for the app. How about adding an Editor Font editing dialog to start? Sometimes the editor font is Small.. And on many monitors, people will be straining to read their code.

The code should fix itself as you type. What I mean is, sometimes people type a command in all caps, or all lowercase or a mixture. The commands should format themselves as you type so this won't happen and make the code unreadable.

In the Graphics tab, it's very difficult to add many many images when you have to fill out every dialog and find every file every time. How about a way to drag and drop images into the Pictures list. Same for the Sounds tab.

And how about in the Map tab when you create a new Map it remembers the settings of the previous map so we don't have to go to the trouble of changing all of them. I mean, who uses a map with 10x10 tiles at 16x16 pixels each? And have it remember the image to use as the tiles. This gets very frustrating.

Also, when you select a command and hit the Help key it should open help for that command. Like VB does.

Oh, and an "Open Recent" menu.

Oh, and Live window resizing and dragging which is probably at fault of whatever you use to create the application.

Just a few suggestions from Jason Anderson.

04-22-2002 23:05

Posted by:
Mark Tully

Find more posts by Mark Tully

Thanks!

All added to our todo list, I indent to update Hieroglyph a bit for 1.04, so I'll try and get as many of those as possible in!

Thanks,

Mark