Can't open TNT file!
< Last Thread     Next Thread >
Author
Thread        Post A Reply

03-07-2002 07:51

Posted by:
MiniMe

Find more posts by MiniMe

I cant open my game file... It says that the resource map is inconsistent with the operation... And I haven't backed it up :(
Is there anyway to save the code or graphics?

03-07-2002 08:21

Posted by:
John Treece-Birch

Find more posts by John Treece-Birch

Repairing files

You could try dropping it onto ResEdit, that can usually repair most things.

John

03-07-2002 11:21

Posted by:
MiniMe

When I do, it comes up that the window were you can repair files. When I press repair it says that the resource map is inconsistent with the operation...
Isn't there any way to save the code?

03-07-2002 21:48

Posted by:
Mark Tully

Find more posts by Mark Tully

Try dropping the file on ResEdit while holding down the option key, that does different 'stuff'.

If you can't fix it with resedit, open the file in a hex editor such as the excellend 'Hex Edit' freeware tool http://hexedit.sourceforge.net/.

That will allow you to see the contents of the resource fork, your code will be in there somewhere and you should be able to copy it out - assuming things aren't too messed up!

Good luck!

Mark

03-08-2002 10:14

Posted by:
MiniMe

Thanks!

Thanks Mark, it worked. Tho I have to redo some graphics cuz I hadn't saved it all but since no graphics was final it aint that big of a problem. Though I think that Heiro should make a backup every time you take Run in the menu so that people wont lose there project files anymore.

03-09-2002 22:28

Posted by:
Mark Tully

Backups

Backups are a good idea, and Hieroglyph doing them automatically would be very nice, we'll try and get around to that at some point.

How did your file become corrupt, was it due to a problem with Hieroglyph/TNT Basic?

Mark

03-10-2002 08:22

Posted by:
MiniMe

It became corrupt when I added to many enemies on a level, and TNTBasic froze when I ran my game. I dunno if it was a memory problem or a problem in my code.

03-11-2002 08:19

Posted by:
Mark Tully

So it crashed when you put too many sprites on screen? Was it a one off or does it happen everytime?

(I understand if you've neglected to retry this experiment!)

Any help is appreciated,

Mark

03-11-2002 12:00

Posted by:
MiniMe

It didn't crash when I had too many sprites on the screen, but it crashed when(I think anyway) the game loaded the level and I had to many enemy "objects". I haven't tried it again, but I could(not right now tho). It was about 60 enemies or something(64+-10)