Reading From Files
< Last Thread     Next Thread >
Author
Thread        Post A Reply

02-10-2002 18:57

Posted by:
Douglas O'Brien

Find more posts by Douglas O'Brien

I want to type numbers into a text file and be able to read them. I cant use File Read Int or File Read Float because they read the actual bytes, and not the numbers in text forum. I then tried to read as a string and convert to a number, but it always say unexpected end of file and I can't figure out how to get around this.

Is there a way to type in 4,23,734,2,4,56,3 into a text file and have it read those numbers?

02-11-2002 00:04

Posted by:
Mark Tully

Find more posts by Mark Tully

File access

In short, no, not currently.

We need to add text file (and perhaps other formats) file access to TNT Basic. Until then you must copy the data into your TNT Basic program, perhaps into 'data' statements.

Sorry about this, it's a bit shabby but we've been concentrating in other areas.

If lots of people want this we'll prioritise it but until then it's just sitting on our todo list. We should get to it eventually!

Sorry, thanks for your patience.

Mark

02-21-2002 23:16

Posted by:
No Frills

Click Here to Email No Frills   Find more posts by No Frills

Reading from files

I was going to ask whether or not it's possible to 'read' a given/user selected file into memory (MP3 etc) - but as you said it's currently not possible to load a TEXT file in, I guess the answers the same?

02-24-2002 15:54

Posted by:
Mark Tully

File reading

Sorry, we're pretty limited on that front currently. We'll improve file access in time.

Regards,

Mark

02-24-2002 18:50

Posted by:
ERaZer

Find more posts by ERaZer

It has everything I could want(till you release the genesis standalone app), I can read the preferences, the highscore and savegames.

02-25-2002 14:13

Posted by:
Mark Tully

Standalone Genesis

Hi Erazer,

What exactly is it you want from the Genesis standalone that cannot be achieved by simply telling your users to download Hieroglyph to edit your maps?

Mark

02-25-2002 15:11

Posted by:
ERaZer

Find more posts by ERaZer

I would need to go open source then, becouse Genesis/Heiro can't save maps. Or?