< Last Thread     Next Thread >
Author
Thread        Post A Reply

02-06-2002 06:08

Posted by:
pozytron

Click Here to Email pozytron   Find more posts by pozytron

First, I am running v.1.02 under OS X.

I am making a mario-like side-scroller and have map files with 2 layers (background & foreground). When I want to shift all the tiles in the entire level, I select layer 1, pick select all and use either the arrow keys or mouse to move the tiles. Then I deselect, (or don't, it doesn't seem to matter) and select layer #2. If I now choose select all and try to move the tiles, it only moves layer 1 and ultimately screws up both layers. The only way I have found to keep this from happening is to save after moving layer 1 and then reopen and move layer 2.

02-06-2002 06:11

Posted by:
pozytron

Oh, and another thing, this should be easy to fix: In Hieroglyph, it says it's version 2.02 instead of 1.02

Cheers, and congrats on such a wonderful program!
pozytron@mac.com

02-06-2002 15:44

Posted by:
John Treece-Birch

Find more posts by John Treece-Birch

Genesis

Sounds like you've found quite a weird bug there. Anyway, thanks for reporting it, I'll have a look at that before the next release.

Thanks again,
John

02-06-2002 23:27

Posted by:
Mark Tully

Find more posts by Mark Tully

Old man glyph

Actually Hieroglyph is at version 2.02!

It's been under development since 1996, a lot longer than TNT Basic. Hieroglyph 1.00 never made public release, but when we came to release TNT Basic, we just bumped Hieroglyph up to the nearest whole, which was 2.00.

Hope this doesn't confuse too many people!

Mark

02-07-2002 03:26

Posted by:
pozytron

Sorry if what I posted was confusing, I just tried to tell you the exact circumstances in which the bug occurred. Basically, just try to shift all the tiles in a level with multiple layers. I found it impossible. Hope this is a bit more clear! :)