Crash on Intel
< Last Thread     Next Thread >
Author
Thread        Post A Reply

11-26-2007 19:26

Posted by:
swagIT

Find more posts by swagIT

I received this from one of the users of Dinky Dungeon but sadly I am unable to replicate it...... I had originally thought it was a Quicktime issue but I had the user update from Quicktime 7.2 to 7.3 but the issue wasn't solved....

========================
Signal Raised

Condition: Error initialising sound engine.
An error of type -2004 occurred.

Function:_ _ct
File:CApplication.cpp
Line #337

The options below it are:
Quiet, Debugger, Abort, Continue
========================
I have an Intel with 10.4.11 on it. I also have Quicktime 7.2.

11-27-2007 07:38

Posted by:
allnodcoms

Click Here to Email allnodcoms   Find more posts by allnodcoms

Morning Barry...

-2004 doesn't seem to be an official Apple error code (Error lists don't have it, Google couldn't find it and Apple's DTS site never heard of it... ), it must be a Metrowerks specific one and documentation on them is pretty scarce to say the least.

Best guess is (unfortunately) that this is something that will start to happen a lot more the further Apple move away from PPC / Classic compatibility (the platform TNT was written on). The fact that TNT runs at all after a complete Architecture change and several OS updates (PowerPlant first came out on System 7) is testament to Apple's technical wizardry, but issues have to arise at some point and it looks as though this could be it. Could 10.4.11 (Apple's final - allegedly - pre-Leopard update) be the root of the problem?

If you can get me some more info (which Mac it is may help) I will see if I can be more helpful, but at the end of the day you may just have to say that "This issue will be fixed in 'Dinky-D II'...", which shouldn't be too far away now ;)

Sorry I can't be more helpful...

Danny (nod the mod)

11-27-2007 17:28

Posted by:
swagIT

Find more posts by swagIT

Thanks Danny - that's what I figured......
I have been surprised as well to see TNT still running well on my new intel imac running 10.4.11!!!

Thanks for the reply - I basically said the same thing 'wait for DDII'.

Cheers

barry