What's best to read first?
< Last Thread     Next Thread >
Author
Thread        Post A Reply

02-01-2007 08:37

Posted by:
mikegladsz

Click Here to Email mikegladsz   Find more posts by mikegladsz

Hi everyone, I registered 4 the 1st time this week.

Forgive me for being lazy, but I was wondering if someone could show me any threads that I should check out first, so I can get up to speed here?

Many thanks, Michael

02-01-2007 09:30

Posted by:
allnodcoms

Click Here to Email allnodcoms   Find more posts by allnodcoms

Welcome to the fold ;)

There aren't really any threads that need to be read, although the open source list will give you the best perspective on the current state of TNT.

My advice would be the learning zone first. Take a look at a few of the tutorials to get a feel for the thing and then check out the TNT Basic Online Help section to see how it all works. Take a look at the examples that came with TNT and play around with them a bit to see what can be done. There are more examples under the Download link, and some more elaborate offerings in the Directory.

Basically, have a play around with it and if you have any specific questions you can post to the Programming Q&A list. The forums are pretty well monitored and there's usually somebody (or 'someone') about to help out. We're a friendly mob in general, and the language is a doddle to learn. It's reasonably powerful too, though not as good as it could be (or 'will be'), but it's still supported and an active project, so it will improve.

Danny (nods)