Peculiarities with TNTbasic.
< Last Thread     Next Thread >
Author
Thread        Post A Reply

01-17-2007 05:08

Posted by:
appleide

Click Here to Email appleide   Find more posts by appleide

There are many peculiarities with the TNTbasic, some of them are bugs, but some are more like 'features'. I will post them here.
I will be doing this for the few games that are still developed. As I encounter other peculiarities of TNTbasic I may post here.

Here are some of the more obvious ones.

The "Load Images" command. Images loaded from a bank can only be used in one canvas at a time. If you use bank 128's images in canvas 0, you cannot do so in any other canvas. Also, if you load images in canvas 0 again, then any sprites using images from that bank lose their image and becomes invisible.

Update Network Data: network global String arrays cannot be present in the game, or the game will crash.

Image Collisions: Only work with the Sprite on the screen.

TNTbasic is also very slow on drawing compared to spriting. It would be faster to have a string displayed via the use of letter sprites than drawing those letters.

A .tbproj, when compiled, will remain a bundle and not a "all in one" application.

TNTBasic can only read TEXT or PREF resources, not txt documents. you can create TEXT resources via script editor, not textedit.

That's all for now. If anyone have any others, feel free to post them here.